K&N 57-2545 airbox and filter

Bob Moss

Established Member
Once again I am totally confusing myself...upon installing a Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace on my 2004 convertible I discovered I had an aftermarket (C & L) intake that prevented using the brace. I obtained a stock intake and the brace is in. The system has a funky filter arrangement in that there is a non disposable filter of some kind attached to a piece of the old C&L intake just lying there loose on the inner fender surface. I need an airbox to properly mount all this, so it looks like the K&N 57-2545 fits. I just can't seem to determine that for certain so I can order one. Does this make any sense? Is the remaining piece of the old aftermarket intake superfluous? The diameter of the funky filter base is 4.25".

On another question, I inspected the car on a lift and see that I have subframe connectors that I am told are the Ford band-aid solution for rigidity. These apparently are not the "full length" version I see in aftermarket listings. Will I benefit from a second set of these in addition to what's already there?

Thanks..

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread