K&n breathers way to big

delly

Established Member
I got my breathers # 1160. These things are huge, my original one was a lot smaller but there's no name on it and I can't remember where I got it, I think it may be a metco, anybody ever see the metco motorsport ones? The k&ns are like 3" in diameter. Plus they don't seem like there gonna stay in there, they slide out easy with a little tug. My other one was a little harder to pull out. Any other ideas? Thx guys

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
I have the 2" K&N breathers

9cdfe170-33fe-4bb2-ae71-c600fcf0d4d2.jpg

part #62-1030

http://www.knfilters.com/vent.htm

Last edited:

delly

Established Member
Thx you'll a I'll check it out.. The metco are expensive, but they are just s&b filters which I new which one I needed cause the s&b on there site are only 14 bucks each

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I run the same K&Ns as you and they are GINORMOUS. They are way bigger than I thought but they work and stay put. If you want something different check these out, I plan to get these one day but the K&Ns are still serving their purpose

Spectre:
3991 - Black
3992 - Red
3994 - Yellow
3995 - Stainless Mesh
3996 - Blue
3998 - White

Brutal Metal

Established Member
How often are you guys having to clean yours ?

Once a season, I don't drive my car much in the summer. Clean em just like a K&N air filter, some soapy water and a little spray of the oil. Mine don't mist or leak at all and the smell is quite tolerable although some complain they don't like it.

111.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread