K&N Cold Air

rebels302

Hey Everyone My Name is Mike, I Just Joined Here Yesterday, Anyway I Just Bought a Torch Red GT500 and put the K&N cold air intake on, afterwards it was having idling issues actually went dead twice, just seems the computer is having a tuff time with it, I unplugged the battery and what not, made sure everything was sealed air tight, any other suggestions ??

VNMOUS1

Established Member
rebels302 said:
Hey Everyone My Name is Mike, I Just Joined Here Yesterday, Anyway I Just Bought a Torch Red GT500 and put the K&N cold air intake on, afterwards it was having idling issues actually went dead twice, just seems the computer is having a tuff time with it, I unplugged the battery and what not, made sure everything was sealed air tight, any other suggestions ??

First of all....welcome and congrats on your car.

Secondly, take the K&N off until you can get a tune. You'll run too lean and hurt your car. I know what they say about not needing a tune. They're wrong. It's been debated, tested and proven that it won't work that way.

Whether it's K&N, C&L, JLT or whatever, you need a tune to adjust your A/F and resulting timing needs to make it safe for the car and better performing for you.

(BTW....you'll find the bulk of GT500 owners are using JLT)

bj

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
did you install the MAF sensor the right direction? The arrow on the sensor should be pointing the direction that air flows towards the TB. I had the K&N and switched to the JLT. I couldn't be happier.

rebels302

thanks for the info, i talked with some people from svtoa memphis as well and as best i can tell no matter the cai you have to have the tune, so looks like ill be making the trek up there, its gonna take some time for me to get used to this car I had a 92 5.0 for 7 years and this is a whole new ballgame. At the sametime though this ballgame is fast as hell !

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
rebels302 said:
thanks for the info, i talked with some people from svtoa memphis as well and as best i can tell no matter the cai you have to have the tune, so looks like ill be making the trek up there, its gonna take some time for me to get used to this car I had a 92 5.0 for 7 years and this is a whole new ballgame. At the sametime though this ballgame is fast as hell !
congrats on the car.

I say to hell with the ball game you're playing. Get a pulley, some 4.10's and a tune and play that ball game. When you're ready, get some headers and have fun. You'll be hard pressed to find many cars that would keep up with you with that combo. It should trap upper 120's with low 11's or better.

Users who are viewing this thread