K&n Fipk

I8URVETT

Established Member
Well I just got done installing the k&n fipk on my car, Holy Shit I couldn't believe the difference in throttle responce and performance, On my 01 GT, I wouldn't have even bothered with A CAI but on the Terminator I would have to say that it should be required and a mod that everyone should do(second to exhaust) the kit was simple and instructions were stupid easy to follow I do recommend that 2 people do it just to make sure you get a solid seal of the gaskets OH and to anyone about to put one on make sure you lose the MAF screen (wasen't in instructions) other than that I would HIGHLY recommend it. just thought i'd put my 2 cents in on this product--:beer:

Last edited:

Stang2WRX

Established Member
I did my FIPK today too... hear the whine, but the butt dyno hasn't decided yet...

the MAF screen is connected to a piece that you remove anyway...

Last, did you put both mounting bolts in or just the one for the radiator?

Why did K&N switch to the plastic heat shield?

I8URVETT

Established Member
yep i followed the instructions and drilled the hole, It looked like I would hold in place w/o the hole drilled but I didn't want to take the chance. My heatshield was metal though:rockon:

WHPSVT03

Horsepower Enthusiast
Established Member
Put mine on recently and I noticed a difference right away. It's snappy and the blower whines like a jet engine!!! Feelin' the power!! Cobras Rock!!:rockon: :rockon:

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
I didn't drill the hole for the FIPK, you don't really need it. I have the metal heat shield also. Maybe they went with the plastic so it wouldn't retain heat.

Users who are viewing this thread