K Springs.

Jake0521

Established Member
I was able to pick up a used set of the Ford K lowering springs. I just noticed on American Muscle that it says for them to work on 2011 + that you need to have the Ford Racing Strut Mounts and the Ford Performance Shocks and Struts. Is this really necessary? I got the strut mounts, but really don't want to drop other $600 right now if I don't have to.

djclark

Established Member
You're going to need new struts to utilize the ford strut mounts - they won't work with you stock 2011 struts.

With that said, If you're doing the springs, do yourself a favor and do some good struts/shocks at the same time. For those springs, I'd recommend the bilstein dampers. They'll last longer than anything else.

EDIT : I'd also recommend you do some camber plates vs the fixed GT500 mounts. I actually have a set of Steeda 2010 camber plates sitting on a shelf that I can give you a good deal on.

Jake0521

Established Member
You're going to need new struts to utilize the ford strut mounts - they won't work with you stock 2011 struts.

With that said, If you're doing the springs, do yourself a favor and do some good struts/shocks at the same time. For those springs, I'd recommend the bilstein dampers. They'll last longer than anything else.

EDIT : I'd also recommend you do some camber plates vs the fixed GT500 mounts. I actually have a set of Steeda 2010 camber plates sitting on a shelf that I can give you a good deal on.

Pm me how much you want for them.

herzeleid05

Established Member
I was able to pick up a used set of the Ford K lowering springs. I just noticed on American Muscle that it says for them to work on 2011 + that you need to have the Ford Racing Strut Mounts and the Ford Performance Shocks and Struts. Is this really necessary? I got the strut mounts, but really don't want to drop other $600 right now if I don't have to.

I did the K springs, camber bolts, and panhard bar and have had no issues at all. Still good ride quality just a little stiffer. If the shocks and struts wear out I will replace them then. It's been a year now and I have no issues.

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I did K springs with nothing else and had zero issues. If you want aftermarket, I have vorshlag-bilstein shocks/struts with H&R springs. If not, you'll be fine with K springs only.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread