K2 Encounters

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Wondering what other departments are experiencing with the stuff. Just about every smoke shop and convenience store sells it here. Our local ordinance has made it illegal for anyone under 21 to possess or purchase it.

We have had many calls regarding it. One call, an already mental subject smokes some, enters a doctors office and begans to halloucinate and pushes the medical staff around. Mentioned many times that magnets were hurting him and referred to me as "Judge Judy". Another instance was by a 20 year old who enters an unlocked car at a local park. As the owner returns from jogging, he finds this douchebag in his car. The owner was rather small, and chose not to "protect" his property unfortunately. The 20 year old had smoked the K2 and walked 10 blocks to the park, all unbeknownst to himself. He kept asking Officers if he had committed a sex crime, which had us worried.

Ive notice that the high only last about 30 minutes. This stuff needs to be banned everywhere..Period! Anyone else have any strange experiences with it?

JustaGT5408

Established Member
the only case that ive really seen around here is a kid from a town about 40 miles away smoked it and within an hour it had killed him. not sure if the k2 itself did it or if it had made him hallucinate or something to cause him to kill himself. either way, i agree, very scary stuff and needs to be banned.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
lots of citys in DFW now make it illegal period. how dumb do you have to be to use something that says.... NOT FOR HUMAN USE

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
lots of citys in DFW now make it illegal period. how dumb do you have to be to use something that says.... NOT FOR HUMAN USE

It only says that to get people to think it is not for human use when clearly it is. It isn't an incense, that is for sure. If you look at a majority of the ingredients most are not found in any known incense compound. The users you guys found, it sounds like they were burned out on other things to begin with. I have not heard from anybody who has smoked K2 about that kind of behavior. Everyone who I know that has tried it did not really get a THC like "high" or a "high" at all to speak of.

Last edited:

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
I tried some "Mojo" for New Years, and it felt like a really bad weed high.. like, I had smoked some old mexican brick weed that had been sitting out drying for 2 years. It lasted for 45 minutes or so, followed by a 2 hour headache. Not worth it at all.. Stick with the real deal!

Travis

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I know the Texas legislature is going to take a look at banning this stuff state wide. In the meantime some officers are using the HSC 485.031.
NOW, is not illegal to possess!! But, when these knuckleheads are smoking (ingesting) it, it is used as Inhalant Abuse, a class B Misdeamenor.

txyaloo

Established Member
I know the Texas legislature is going to take a look at banning this stuff state wide. In the meantime some officers are using the HSC 485.031.
NOW, is not illegal to possess!! But, when these knuckleheads are smoking (ingesting) it, it is used as Inhalant Abuse, a class B Misdeamenor.

Could also be DWI if they're driving after using it, correct?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
We typically charge them with PI and the city ordinance but IMO its not enough. I emailed our County Attorney today on the Possession/Use of Inhalants because its description fits K2 perfectly. We just need them to back us on it and we will use it every time.

mustanginky

Established Member
as a parole officer, i see it very frequently. two of our PO's at our office recently made a large spice manufacturing bust that will likely set case law in kentucky for a TICS case. and i took the night off that night, dang my luck.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member

How do you tell they have smoked it? They don't test for it in drug tests yet until it's illegal right? Or do you test whoever you find causing trouble specifically for other things like that?

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Hasn't really hit hard down here yet. We have seen small cases of it but its still new to the druggies in Central AL. Wont be long till it spreads though

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
You can get pure jwh-018 on ebay as bonsai fertilizer. It baffles me that people smoke that spice/k2 garbage with tons of other stuff in it.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
How do you tell they have smoked it? They don't test for it in drug tests yet until it's illegal right? Or do you test whoever you find causing trouble specifically for other things like that?

By the officer doing a very thorough investigation and he might not be able to get this done everytime.
But there is another option like a "PI" if he is a danger to himself or others.
No, there is no testing on this unless the officer suspects the knucklehead mixed the K2 with something illegal. One of the troops already had a knucklehead mixing a little weed in it.

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
It only says that to get people to think it is not for human use when clearly it is. It isn't an incense, that is for sure. If you look at a majority of the ingredients most are not found in any known incense compound. The users you guys found, it sounds like they were burned out on other things to begin with. I have not heard from anybody who has smoked K2 about that kind of behavior. Everyone who I know that has tried it did not really get a THC like "high" or a "high" at all to speak of.

Same here with my buddies. I believe it is banned by the end of the month. I have a few buddies that smoke it that are on probation. The one time I tried it, I didn't feel anything at all?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
just make the real thing legal and you wouldnt have stupid crap like this comming out. But I guess that would put all the 'officers' out of a job wouldnt it.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
Lots of misinformation in this thread.... JWH-018 is an analogue of THC, i believe most studies have shown it to effect the cannabinoid receptors in the brain far stronger than the THC in Cannabis itself. It was synthesized by a Chemist at Clemson Univ.(John W. Hoffman) The "K2" that is spoken of here is severely diluted and poses no real threat. JWH-018 in its pure form is far more stronger than cannabis when compared in the same quanities. It holds zero medicinal value unlike Cannabis. It is simply used to get high and i feel it should be banned based on its availabilty to the naive younger crowd. not to mention how easy it is to produce at home in its unaltered form

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Not gonna lie that sounds pretty scarey....
Haven't heard about it around here yet.
I am a smoker, but that whole mess sounds abit too obscene.
Anyway I can do sotin about it before it becomes a problem up here?
calling my local PD? writing to a legislature?

And it wasn't hoffman, it was Huffman I believe.
Hoffman is the guy who first discovered and synthesized LSD.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread