KB 2.2 Belt Length Question

Yellow Fever

Established Member
Already posted this in the tech sections. Seeing if anyone in here can help me out. I've found everything BUT the belt information I need. I'll be running a gen 1 2.2 with a 2.70 upper and stock lower with 4 piece BF idlers (3x100mm, 1x92mm I believe). I'm wondering exactly how Eaton recommended belt lengths compare to Kenne Bell for the same pullies due to the fact that KB only has info for a 2.75 upper, and Bob only has Eaton info for a 2.70. I asked Bob himself, and he said posting in here would be my best bet. Since my current setup (2.76 on EATON w BF 4 piece idlers) uses a 74.5" (or stock works I guess), I'm assuming a 2.70 on the 2.2 would not be too different. I can't measure it as it will all have to go in at once on the same day. I know the difference is most likely negligible, but any help is appreciated. Will be buying gatorback if that helps.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I feel your pain man, when I did my 2.2 with a 3.0 upper and a 4lb lower couldn't find anything anywhere. I did a little bit of math and bought 3 belts around that size and used the one that fit best and took the others back. Should be close to a 74.5 from what you say maybe try a 74 to make sure its nice and tight without belt slip.

Yellow Fever

Established Member
I feel your pain man, when I did my 2.2 with a 3.0 upper and a 4lb lower couldn't find anything anywhere. I did a little bit of math and bought 3 belts around that size and used the one that fit best and took the others back. Should be close to a 74.5 from what you say maybe try a 74 to make sure its nice and tight without belt slip.

I bought a couple, so (hoping) I should be fine with a non-slip pulley. Thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread