KB 2.2 installation

724COBRA

Established Member
I am thinking of installing my KB, injectors, MAF and BAP myself. I do not have much experience working on engines, but I am a smart guy with a basic understanding of how our engine works. what do you guys think? Also if I do the installation myself will it be safe to drive to a tuner as long as I don't boost?

svt2ner

Established Member
No you cant drive it without a tune with those 60lb injectors. Talk to your tuner...........

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Ask your tuner to give you a temporary tune for your mods so you can make the drive to get tuned. You need a tune for the 60's

Tmac01baller

Established Member
Hey 724COBRA what power level are you looking at reaching? I am looking at doing the exact same things to my cobra that you have already done. I'm gonna be putting a 2.2 on on mine here sometime soon. Im hoping to reach 600rwhp safely.

How did AC427COBRA's kit perform? How was the install? Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it for you, and if so how much did that cost? Which head cooling mod did you use and how do you think it performs? Also how do you like the Accufab TB and Plenum. I've heard of some people talking about how it sticks, so how would you say it performs.

Sorry for all the questions but as i said you have the "exact" same mods that I have already or will be doing in the future, Thanks!

724COBRA

Established Member
Hey 724COBRA what power level are you looking at reaching? I am looking at doing the exact same things to my cobra that you have already done. I'm gonna be putting a 2.2 on on mine here sometime soon. Im hoping to reach 600rwhp safely.

How did AC427COBRA's kit perform? How was the install? Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it for you, and if so how much did that cost? Which head cooling mod did you use and how do you think it performs? Also how do you like the Accufab TB and Plenum. I've heard of some people talking about how it sticks, so how would you say it performs.

Sorry for all the questions but as i said you have the "exact" same mods that I have already or will be doing in the future, Thanks!

No problem man! I am hoping for between 570 and 600 with the kb. AC427's kit is wonderful man! Highly recomend it. I have NO hop at my current hp of 465. I had a shop install it, not sure what the cost was. I got a lot done at one time. My installer makes his own head cooling mod. I guess it performs good, no melted pistons yet.

724COBRA

Established Member
Oh and the Accufab was on the car when I bought it. It does not stick and I have great feel and response. I have never driven another Cobra so I don't have anything to compare it to. Hoping it will shine with the kb made for single blade

724COBRA

Established Member
TTT for my initial questions on the KB install. I understand I can not drive it because of the injectors. How about the blower install itself?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Do you have the install manual? It's about 100 steps, look it over and see if you think it's outside of your comfort zone.

Users who are viewing this thread