KB 2.6H Owners....PLZ Help!!!

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
I'm so frustrated! I put my KB on last November and I've had no enjoyment yet. It's been one problem after another. When I got the KB installed I couldn't get the car tuned because my mechanic said he didn't feel comfortable tuning it without gauges. Since I was out of funds after buying the KB, 60#, SCT BA 3000, AFCO DP HE, BAP, TB and getting it installed I had to wait to save more. About a month later the clutch went out not long before Christmas , so the car sat for about 2 months. Finally got the clutch changed, but then I had to wait 500 miles for the break-in period. Being the car is not so fun to drive because it had a rich tune and the fear of damaging my engine it took all of 5 months to drive the car 500 miles. So two weeks ago I dropped the car of to get tuned and get the gauges installed. Last week my mechanic called me and said he couldn't tune it because it was pushing 24# of boost with 2.90 pulley and it could possibly blow the head bolts if he continued to dyno tune the car. Needless to say I didn't want to hear this, but I'm glad he didn't continue to tune it.
What pullley are you guys running? Like I mentioned earlier I have a RR 2.90, what size do I need to push 18# of boost?

GodStang

Established Member
I would help but you asked for 2.6L owners not 2.8LH so I can not help sorry...

You should be running a 3.5" Pulley not a 2.9"

KBBoostChart.jpg

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Thanks Godstang I PMed you last week when I was going through it all. I really wish I could stay with a RR pulley, but the biggest I found was a 3.20. I really didn't want to go with Billetflow, but it looks like I have no choice. I also decided I'm going to HP Performance to get it tuned.

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks Godstang I PMed you last week when I was going through it all. I really wish I could stay with a RR pulley, but the biggest I found was a 3.20. I really didn't want to go with Billetflow, but it looks like I have no choice. I also decided I'm going to HP Performance to get it tuned.

I would go with the Kenne Bell Pulley. Its plain looking but its correct and made from the correct material. You can send it out to get customized if you do not like the plain look.

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
What about belt slippage. I know KB says some slippage is needed. How much does it affect performance? Do you have a price as well? I tried calling them guys 2 days straight.

chet3310

Established Member
Your mechanic should know all this.... If not, take it somewhere else to get tuned.

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
I've already decided that. I will bring it to him next week to install my light bar and LPW diff. cover, then I'm off to Dallas. I will trailer it to HP Performance to let them work their magic.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
My mystichrome was running a stock lower and 3" upper which I still have for sale if you want $45 and it made 601 and 19#'s ....2.6h.....by the way...

Users who are viewing this thread