KB BAP making noise

1stockgt

Established Member
Yesterday while on my way home from work I started to hear a buzzing sound coming from the back of my car. It kind of sounds like feed back you get when you have an amp in your car, but I have no amp. The buzzing sound went away during acceleration, not excessive acceleration, but once the speed was consistent it came back. The sound went away about half way home. I went out later that evening, the sound was there again until I got home. I popped the trunk to find the sound coming from my KB BAP. When I turned the dial up the noise got louder. This morning I leave for work and it doesn't make any sound, but got into it a little bit to make sure it's still functioning properly and it was according the wideband. I called KB and they said they think that it maybe on it's way out, because it's wired up to run full time. My question is has anyone else ever had this problem and did they need a new BAP? Any info on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Roket

Established Member
Mines is doing the same thing actually..and thats why i HAVE to install my wideband as well. So far nothing bad, casue i have been told if the bap goes out, the fuel pumps wont work at all. Hope this helps bro

1stockgt

Established Member
Really???? That would be bad. I guess I'll have to keep a close eye on it. I'm wondering if I should try to install it the other way. I installed it the way that Lethal Performance's instructions for the wiring upgrade said to do it, but I haven't been able to find how to do it the other way.

1stockgt

Established Member
the buzzing is normal.

I've never heard it before until yesterday. It was pretty loud. Jason how would you recommend hooking up the BAP? Right now it's wired in to run all the time, but when I called KB they said that it shouldn't run all the time, and that it should only run under boost.

Last edited:

1stockgt

Established Member
Thanks for all the replys. It's working properly but intermittently makes the buzzing sound. I checked the wideband on the way to work and so far so good. I think mine is set at 25% also.

Users who are viewing this thread