KB Belt slip options

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
So I'm noticing some belt slip with my new setup. I have the 3" pulley and 90mm idler. However, I know there are the aux idler pulleys for the non-LC versions, but what about the LC models? What are you guys running? Thumprrrrrr..r.., bigger idler, different belt? I just have the belt KB sent with the kit currently. Also, I have a 3 1/4" pulley for 91 oct that the fix will have to work with. Thanks!!

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I'll look into VMP's tensioner. I don't know the current size of my belt but it's just the black one that KB sent with the kit. Do the Gates belts not slip as bad?

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I'm running the gates blue belt with a 3" pulley and stock idler on my 2.8LC. Never had a belt slip issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Maybe I'll just do both to be safe. Does the idler put more tension on the belt or does it just resist the urge to lift when pressure is applied like when you step on it?

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I think the belt is just more rigid and less likely to flex. Van will know the specifics since he helped design it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I have non lc 2.8kb and with aux belt tensioner I still had belt slip. Changed my factory belt tensioner to thump rrr unit, got rid of aux tensioner and belt slip is gone.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread