KB belt slip???

raiders03

Banned
I just got the KB with the 19 psi pulley. I only got on it twice on the way home from picking it up. It felt incredible. Today i took it out and it just felt average. I watched my boost gauge and it only was hitting 14 or 15 psi. WTF! On the dyno it was past 21 psi with this pulley. Is this belt slip I am getting? I am using the same belt and idler pulley I was using with the 2.8 pulley eaton. Should I use a different belt and just get rid of the idler pulley?

dougwg

Established Member
don't get rid of the aux idler... slip will only get worse.

what size idler, 100mm I hope

where is your tenstioner in it's travel... in the middle?

AMB

Established Member
KB BELT SLIP

Get the SFHQ non slip upper pulleys for your KB. I had the same problems, belt slip/broken blower belts !! I have not any problems sense.

AMB

raiders03

Banned
AMB
what size pulley are you running? I was going to place an order with them tommorrow.

AMB

Established Member
KB BELT SLIP

SFPH recomends Goodyear Gatorback belts, You can get the CORRECT size from him, depending what combination of upper/lower and/or idlers you will be using. He can tell you what size you need with each combination you want.

AMB

blk96SVT

Established Member
Should have got the Procharger Eaton! Just kidding with ya. Hope you figure out whats wrong.

raiders03

Banned
blk96SVT
Belt slip is what is wrong. I can't complain about 633 RWHP SAE and 583 torque. Thanks.

JWC
I have a 74.5" gatorback belt with idler. It is the correct size. I just ordered the non slip pulley from SFPH. I will put it on this weekend and let you all know if this fixes my problem. I have a good feeling it will.

raiders03

Banned
AMB
AMB
What size pulley are you running and how long have you had the SFPH pulley with no problems. thanks. Also do you still have your stock clutch and if not how long did it last before you replaced it.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
EatonLS-1s what pulley setup are you running?

what size upper/ lower

Thanks

RedFire2003

Established Member
I have the 18lb on mine and have no slip at all! however I changed to the 21lb for the track took test drive and slipped soooo bad wasnt getting more then 12lbs and I have idler also :(

raiders03

Banned
Shouldn't KB be addressing this problem? Seems like they should have tested their product before they sold hundreds of them.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Re: KB BELT SLIP

Originally posted by AMB
SFPH recomends Goodyear Gatorback belts, You can get the CORRECT size from him, depending what combination of upper/lower and/or idlers you will be using. He can tell you what size you need with each combination you want.

AMB

Autozone has those gator belts. Just find the part number. I love my belt.

raiders03

Banned
vector
The lower pulley is stock. The upper pulley is the 19 psi pulley which is 2 and 3/4 inches. I also run a idler pulley.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
After talking with a few people eaton running a stock lower with the 2-3/4 upper. they said its sucks :(

it will hold the boost you want but not for long

the new upper you want will help but i am going to guess it will not be the end all cure for your problems

may i recomend you get the SF upper but get it in say a 3-1/4 (15psi) and then get a metco 4lb lower

this should incress the belt life alot

i plan on doing this or a 6lb lower or a 10 rib kit

hope it works out for you

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
also when running a nonslip pulley you may want to get a gates belt as the gatorback groves tend to get chewed up

onerichrunner

Banned
Hey guys
Try to run a larger bottom pulley and larger upper pulley to minimize slippage. I said to heck with it and got the 10 rib. You will need the extra idler no matter what. The 10 rib says "Goodbye" forever to belt slippage.:thumbsup:

Shawn

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Originally posted by onerichrunner
Hey guys
Try to run a larger bottom pulley and larger upper pulley to minimize slippage. I said to heck with it and got the 10 rib. You will need the extra idler no matter what. The 10 rib says "Goodbye" forever to belt slippage.:thumbsup:

Shawn

so how much boost do you see? with that kit

and are you still running a idler?

thanks for any info

raiders03

Banned
So really no one has tried just the upper non slip pulley with luck. Well I guess I will find out soon enough how good it works. There must be some KB guys out there with some feedback on just the upper.

Users who are viewing this thread