KB Boost a Pump or not?

JRichards86

Established Member
I recently purchased a 2004 cobra with a stage 6 Steigmeier with 2.8 upper and 4lb lower, Accufab SBTB and plenum, JLT cai, Magnaflow catback with o/r xpipe. I can't tell what size injectors I'm running, nor does it have a boost a pump. Would I need a BAP with these mods? Heading for a tune Thursday and hate to drive for 2 hours to get there and run out of fuel on the dyno. Sorry, may be a dumb question, new to the cobra scene though. Thanks.

The number on the injector I can see is, A118B01698 with DEKA stamped on it. They're solid black.

01yellercobra

Established Member
More then likely they're 60lb injectors. Did the previous owner say anything about the pumps? If GT pumps were installed then you may not need a BAP.

JRichards86

Established Member
I bought it from a dealership. It's a two owner car and the previous owner bought it with the mods already done. It's got an SCT flip switch with 3 tunes. The engine light stays on with all 3 tunes saying O2 sensors are out of wack. And under boost the car shuts down like its retarding the time or cutting fuel. That's why I'm taking it to Blankenships to get it tuned.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the dealership is anything like the ones out here they flash them back to stock before selling them. I'd call your tuner and see what they say.

JRichards86

Established Member
I bought it from LA Motorcars in Texas. He deals with a lot of cobras. I guess it's possible he could have, but I'm not sure if he could have flashed all 3 tunes in the flip switch or not could he.

01yellercobra

Established Member
They might also have unplugged the chip.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread