KB Cobra Throwing Codes

T5eater

Established Member
In trying to get a Texas Inspection performed on my 2003 Cobra, I have found that it is throwing various codes. When I originally had it inspected, it was throwing a "P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor" Code. At the suggestion of a friend, I changed the plugs. For some strange reason, this seems to have made the P0190 Code go away. However, I am now I am getting a "P0175 System Too Rich (Bank 2) Code." Every time I clear the codes, this goes away for a while. However, before I can drive it long enough for the "P1000 System Readiness Not Complete" code to go away, the P0175 comes back.

Any ideas on what is causing this code? How to get rid of it?

Some Key Mods:
- KB 2.2
- 60 LB Injectors
- KB BAP
- SCT 2600 MAF
- Strictly Performance Dyno Tuned Diablosport Chip

Thanks,

Jared

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
When you were throwing the original code you should have changed the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. How is the car running?

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
What (if anything) did you change on the car just prior to getting the codes the first time? Also, what boost psi are you running?

T5eater

Established Member
When the car was throwing the original code, I researcher the forums as I didn't want to buy a $100 sensor unless it was actually needed. Many people seeing the same thing were told to try changing the plugs.

I hadn't really changed anything on the car within the past 6 months or so. But then again I haven't been pulling the codes. For whatever reason the check engine light does not come on. The only thing alerting me to there being an issue was the failed inspection.

For the most part the car seems to run fine. There is a mild stumble down low and on the shifts. But this seems to have been the case since the KB install and dyno tune. The KB has only been on he car since August or so.

T5eater

Established Member
One other thing I have noticed in the past week is that my gas mileage is worse than normal. I generally average 13-15mpg. On the last tank I only got 11.

Users who are viewing this thread