Kb Cobras, ported cobra, n/a c5z, f1 c5

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
Just a really quick thrown together vid that QuickTime gt made of our little fall get together.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n7TNlOKK-QY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
Good video. Info on the cars?

The camera car is a 2.2 kb car, made close to 600 on pump I think, other kb car is a 2.6 that made 650 I believe, no info on the ported car. My c5z is a 384 striker with trickflow heads, LG g5xx cam, ported fast 90 and built callies bottom end. Procharged c5 is a built 408 with f1-r. Made just over 600@ 5500 rpm

SF4.6GT

Mr. Drove Them All
Established Member
The camera car is a 2.2 kb car, made close to 600 on pump I think, other kb car is a 2.6 that made 650 I believe, no info on the ported car. My c5z is a 384 striker with trickflow heads, LG g5xx cam, ported fast 90 and built callies bottom end. Procharged c5 is a built 408 with f1-r. Made just over 600@ 5500 rpm

The 2.6 car made 620ish on pump which i think he was running and the ported car made sub 500rwhp...

The C5Z is nasty, end of story!:banana:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Good races, but the 2.2L car should have just stopped running if it wasn't running right.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
we're trying to figure out the issues on my 2.2 car. AFR was great up to the point that it cuts out on each pull. We had tried to program an SCT two step at 4500, but for some reason it wouldn't work. The car seems to be cutting out at that point, I can't help but think that it's related. .... but, it only happens in 4th.

When it cuts out it's like you shut the key off, as soon as it happens I got out. It's hard to figure out the problem without reproducing it..I would watch a parameter on the aeroforce and see what happened.. It's not like i've been running it like this for years...

The car ran great on a 110 tune, and this is the first time i've really had it out making hard pulls on the 93 tune.

The first thing we're going to do is upload the same 93 tune with the 2 step disabled and go from there.. I'll then catalog the car car up to the point that it cuts out, go back look at the data and try to see what's happening.

The fact that it's happening under a higher load (as in a 4th gear pull) it makes me think that either the charging system, or fuel system has an issue and when put under a strain something is giving out.

The gauges on the pillar are autometer C2 in an SOS pillar. The gauge on the column is an aeroforce interceptor.

Users who are viewing this thread