KB Guys! Pulley sizes for boost & power

Bikeboy77

Established Member
As some of you might of seen on another post I'm installing a KB on my truck this week. I thought I had the pulley combo decided on after doing a little reading but now I'm seen some conflicting numbers. I'm installing 60lb injectors, walbro 255 fuel pumps and SCT2400 maf so the supporting mods are in place. KB is going on the stock block but I'm looking to push the limits a lil bit. I'd like to be at or just above 500rwhp. I'm running a 6lb lower and have 2.75, 3.0 and 3.25 pulley's to use on the KB. I was going to go with the 3.0 upper but I just saw another members signature and he was running a 3.5 upper with the 6lb lower and seeing 16psi and 520 rwhp. Any feedback on what size pulley people are running with boost and power levels would be appreciated. I know I'll be pushing the limits a bit but thats ok, just means a built short block is a little closer to going in!
Thanks in advance,
Bob

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Oh boy, I hope you have a lot saved for the shortblock. You are skating on thin ice my friend.. Seems like there have been a bunch of these threads lately.

btw Sinister, your #'s are where I want to be with my whipple/KB. Nice job.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
ahhhhh it's only money, I'm looking for an excuse to get a built short block and then turn it up some more..... ;) I just want to make sure it's doable

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
RBakerian said:
Oh boy, I hope you have a lot saved for the shortblock. You are skating on thin ice my friend.. Seems like there have been a bunch of these threads lately.

btw Sinister, your #'s are where I want to be with my whipple/KB. Nice job.

Thanks! Those dyno numbers are with the stock lower, I now have a 2# lower so the numbers are higher. I'm about to add some more stuff and go more aggressive on the race tune, so watch for some even better dyno numbers and 11's!

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Thanks! Those dyno numbers are with the stock lower, I now have a 2# lower so the numbers are higher. I'm about to add some more stuff and go more aggressive on the race tune, so watch for some even better dyno numbers and 11's!

If you ever decide to sell that whipple I got dibs. :banana:

acwalsh8

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
Established Member
Bikeboy77 said:
ahhhhh it's only money, I'm looking for an excuse to get a built short block and then turn it up some more..... ;) I just want to make sure it's doable

IF you are just looking for an excuse to get a built block....heres the smartest and most logical one ever invented.......

Buy the short block before you blow the shiit out of your current one....and then recoup atleast 1k when you sell your stocker shiit intact.

Chris

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Sure thing! When I build the motor, I'm either going turbo or 3.3. :rockon:

Well build it already then, what areyou waiting for..:lol1: :D

Can you post a pic of your engine bay? Think I've seen it, just trying to remember.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
I know Ron aka "ThunderBolt" is running a 3.25 upper and a 6 lower. I believe is seeing around the same numbers as Sinister.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Sinister04L said:

What's this shit? Can't stand the thought of me going built, can you?:poke:

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
I'm making 15#'s with a 6# lower and 3.25 upper. My truck currently has a 6# lower and
3.1 RR upper. This set-up is making 18# on the top end.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
KenneSVT said:
I know Ron aka "ThunderBolt" is running a 3.25 upper and a 6 lower. I believe is seeing around the same numbers as Sinister.

I question going down to a 3.0 upper when I see you putting down those numbers with a 3.5 upper with the 6lb lower.

jubelands

Established Member
i"m actually in the same shoes; Kenne Bell going on next week with a 6lb lower. I'm still deciding whether to go with a 3.25 or a 3.50 upper on my stock block. Bump for this thread.

2002 True Blue
Dynatech longtubes, high flow cats, Magnaflow X-pipe, AFCO Doublepass HE w/fans, Ba2400 maf, JLP Intake, C&L elbow, Steig Stage 2 eaton, Ported TB and Plenum, 6lb lower, 2.8 upper, Snow Performance Methanol injection.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
RBakerian said:
Well build it already then, what areyou waiting for..:lol1: :D

Can you post a pic of your engine bay? Think I've seen it, just trying to remember.

I'm waiting for my money tree to grow!

Here are a couple pics:

Picture004.gif

Picture005.gif

Picture006.gif

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Rons Bolt said:
What's this shit? Can't stand the thought of me going built, can you?:poke:

This has been in the works for months, I just found out about you maybe going built this weekend. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread