KB installed, having some issues....??

Bikeboy77

Established Member
Well I finally got around to installing my 2.3 KB and I'm having some issues with the truck. While doing the install I also did the EGR delete. 60lb injectors and sct2400 maf were also installed at the same time. I had a tune sent to me from Amazon. Truck seems to be missing a bit here and there. Fuel pressure seems very low to me... low 20's up to about 30 or just above under WOT where it was around 30 and would surge up to 55lbs under WOT. Is that normal due to the walbro 255 pumps and 60lb injectors being more efficient or is that a concern? I also have a couple of codes showing up... P1000 OBD systems readiness test not complete. P1121 throttle postition sensor A inconsistent with Maf/Map sensor. Two other codes for the EGR came up too. Does the egr need to be removed in the tune to stop causing codes? Also with the EGR delete it says to keep the one sensor closest to the fire wall, there were no lines hooked up to it but it has what looks to be a connection point with o-rinf on the bottom. Am I missing a line? Any help and feedback is appreciated. P.S. I had a friend help with the install and egr delete and I have a feeling an extra vacuum line might of been removed. Unfortunetly I have no way of knowing as I'm not vacuum line knowledgeable....

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The Baro sensor is open to atmosphere so don't worry. You have to turn the EGR off in the tune to eliminate the codes. The TPS isn't set correctly so check that. The fuel pressure should be @ 28 at idle and 50+ when under boost. Recheck all connections while you're under the hood and don't drive it too much until you get the fuel pressure issue sorted out.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
Well I talked to rick @ amazon and he did some updating on the tune... My fuel pressure is still a problem though. I'm thinking I might have a wrong vacuum line attatched to my fuel pressure regulator... anyone have some good engine bay pics showing what line is attatched to this or give me info on it??
Thanks!

Bikeboy77

Established Member
Well I deffinetly have the right line on the fuel pressure regulator.... whats weird though is that when the tune is being loaded onto the truck with the keys in the ON position fuel pressure sits right at 30 psi as it should be... once you shut the truck off and turn it back on again it go's to 0 psi until you start the truck and then it sits at 22 psi again and wont go up any higher =( anyone have ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread