KB Mustang GT vs. Modded c5

03 black gt

Established Member
Well this past weekend I was heading down to FL for spring break and ran across a good looking white c5 with a cowl hood. I was a bit ahead of him and saw him weaving to catch up. I slowed down so he could catch up and immediately noticed his loud-ass exhaust. I said what the hell, 3 honks and we took of from about 45 mph. He immediately got the jump and continued to slowly pull me until we reached around 110 and he had about 2 lengths on me. We both slowed and he gave the thumbs up, told me he had exhaust, intake and a cam. How much power do these vettes make with those mods? It was just a normal c5, not z06. I am making about 400/400 with the KB.

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
Light bolt-on/cammed LS1 is gonna be just shy of 400rwhp I'd wager. Sounds like a good race.

Bullitt520

Established Member
Yea i would say he has around 4 to the wheels. For that race i would say you hung in there good......

16kOrBust

Established Member
Cammed power can vary big time in LS1s depending on the size of the cam, anywhere from 375-420 (with rare instances going to either side of those numbers). I'd say 390-400rwhp is a good middle ground. Considering his weight and aero advantage, I'd say you hung well! He's probably putting down a bit less torque than you, though. If he's making 400 hp to the wheels, probably around 375ish tq.

Obviously these are all just speculation, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread