KB on the Shelby = 790rwhp

cmb570

Established Member
ok, Someone straighten me out. I heard the new shelbys were awesome except the rods. I heard the rods were same as lightnings ??? Any truth to this ?

manOwar

Established Member
orange_rush said:
wonder how they will respond to turbos.........

I know of one getting turbo set up as we speak.:D I don't know any details but you'll hear about it in the next month or so. :shrug:

manOwar

Established Member
cmb570 said:
ok, Someone straighten me out. I heard the new shelbys were awesome except the rods. I heard the rods were same as lightnings ??? Any truth to this ?

You've heard correct. However, no one knows for sure, the limits. They say at Ford, 600rwhp is all to live a long life.

Personally, I'm not taking any chances. New rods will go in with the blower.

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
For the umpteenth time, they are NOT Lightning rods... Do a search on this site, it's been covered countless times.

Still, as Fourcam has quoted from reliable sources, changing the rods with the KB is a good move if you plan to go over 600/650rwhp _reliably_.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
manOwar said:
You've heard correct. However, no one knows for sure, the limits. They say at Ford, 600rwhp is all to live a long life.

Personally, I'm not taking any chances. New rods will go in with the blower.

Nothin like cracking open a motor on a brand new car :dw:

manOwar

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Nothin like cracking open a motor on a brand new car :dw:

Well, I have toys and I spend money on them so they will last. If ya want to play, ya gotta pay.

I want to see if we can get 1000hp out of this thing.

Almo

Established Member
manOwar said:
Well, I have toys and I spend money on them so they will last. If ya want to play, ya gotta pay.

I want to see if we can get 1000hp out of this thing.

+1... if you watch and don't over do it, then it will last. Just because you gain a spectacularly RWHP out of it doesn't mean it can't hold up. If driven properly, the GT500 could support major RWHP. :dw:

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
BlownBolt said:
Where are the terminator haters at?

Why start shit?? Ugh, I swear the sibling rivalry is getting RETARDED on this site!!!

Back on topic. These are INSANE #'s. :eek: This 5.4 is looking better and better as we see more results like these. Can't wait til these suckers come down in price!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread