KB on the Shelby = 790rwhp

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Actually time will prove "us" right, just as it showed the safe limit for 03/04s, and every other non forged Modular. Also, I can't remember the last time a shitty tune caused a rod to window the block, and where on earth did you come up with 20k miles as a safe limit @ 700rwhp for a GT500??? I'm guessing the RDB?
I never said that 700 is "safe" but maybe it will happen.If the shelby is just like the 03-04 we'll be just fine.It's obviously not bulletproof but some people might take your 600 safe level to mean thats the absolute limit.My point is that time will tell,and nobody is just gonna take your word for it even if it is g-14 classified:D

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
1BADGT500 said:
I hate that site.... never comes up and my internet explorer freezes up and shuts down (both my laptop and my desktop at home)... Modularfords needs to fix their sh*t if they want more traffic!

Anybody have a link to the story hosted elsewhere??

There is no story, it's just one guy saying that's what he heard. It's only one sentence.

Fourcam330

Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
I never said that 700 is "safe" but maybe it will happen.If the shelby is just like the 03-04 we'll be just fine.It's obviously not bulletproof but some people might take your 600 safe level to mean thats the absolute limit.My point is that time will tell,and nobody is just gonna take your word for it even if it is g-14 classified:D

The difference between you and me is that you're basing what you post off of your own personal speculation, I post what comes from the horses mouth.
Please don't mince my words either. I've said multiple times in the past that some will get away with more power, up to 650rw during the occassional trip to the strip. However, if you want it to live a nice long healthy life, 600rw is the safe limit; just as 550rw is for the 03/04s.
Finally, the Shelby is not "just like" the 03/04s. There's a difference between having pistons or rods as the weak link, not to mention they're completely different motors altogether.

Last edited:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
The difference between you and me is that you're basing what you post off of your own personal speculation, I post what comes from the horses mouth.
Please don't mince my words either. I've said multiple times in the past that some will get away with more power, up to 650rw during the occassional trip to the strip. However, if you want it to live a nice long healthy life, 600rw is the safe limit; just as 550rw is for the 03/04s.
Finally, the Shelby is not "just like" the 03/04s. There's a difference between having pistons or rods as the weak link, not to mention they're completely different motors altogether.
Yes i know there different motors:nonono: I thought someone said in the past 650 for the term & 600 for the shelby.There are many terms doing fine over 600.That's what im saying it's not an exact science, imo,so your right it is speculation but i choose to not believe you,so what.I'll catch up with you in a year:beer:

jleews6

Established Member
I dont really care to get into the pissing contest about these rods but in the past 20 years or so of messing with cars I have seen some motors make way more power than they were suposed to and live a long long time.
I have also seen some motors with all the "good stuff" in them let go very easy. The ones that let go all seem to come back to just a couple of things.
Detonation and rpms seem to be the killer of alot of motors.

A couple years ago we had a supercharged 302 (stock block) that made over 600 rwhp for almost two seasons. at the end of the second season my friend wanted to break 140 mph so all he did was add 2* of timming and on the next pass it came back with no oil pressure. You all know what that means , yup he split the block. He said he thought he herd it knock but it was just a very little bit so he stayed in it. The key words were "just a little" and thats all it takes and I think thats whats going to make or break the high horse power Shelbys. The ones that are conservative with the tune will live a long time at high HP levels and the agresive ones with come appart quick.:shrug:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Hot damn! 725HP on pump gas at only 16 psi and 810 hp at 19 psi! Now thats impressive. :rockon: I guess time will tell the truth about HP limit.

I heard about two weeks ago someone in south Louisiana blew there 07/Shelby GT500-engine. when they tour it down they said they found that ford put cheep internal parts in it.Again THIS IS SECOND HAND INFORMATION I did not see this patilicar shelby and how they set it up for the track.I do not think that Ford would set this engine up with cheep internal parts,especially SVT,being the engine builders.We know there Heritage and its Great work,and pride in there engine building.

Last edited:

TECH@KB

Established Member
Where Is The Story?

Oh yes, there is a story. Right here at http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4314469#post4314469.

Such an awesome car! We posted the results on this site too, but we have to check into why we can't post attachments, the graphs don't show on this site :fm:.

Enjoy! There will be many more good stories to come from Kenne Bell!

Regards,

Ken

TECH@KB

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Ken, whats up; It's David Gussin...I need one. Thanks

Hey David!!

Been workin' my a$$ off to get this beast done! It was all worth it dude. We'll be ready before Jan 1 '07 with these kits. Let me get you "on the list"!

Nice to hear from you. :beer:

Regards,

Ken

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
sweet. As you can see I move across the country, but i am still a speed freak. I hope all is well with you guys. Have you spoke with Lisa? How is she?

TECH@KB

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
sweet. As you can see I move across the country, but i am still a speed freak. I hope all is well with you guys. Have you spoke with Lisa? How is she?

Things are great. Never busier (I didn't think that was possible). Lisa found another job, but we stay in touch - she was a nice asset to KB. She's doing great.

Well, it's off to the dyno again.....

Regards,

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread