KB or Procharger

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
i have an 03 GT with a P1 procharger....wondering if i should switch to a KB or keep the procharger..wanted some feed back from anyone that has had both or knows someone that has

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
well i was thinking about goin with forged internals in the future and hopin to get about 500rwhp with it...so probably thinkin about goin for a mid to low 11 second car

JAILBAIT

Currently under pressure
Established Member
My suggestion is stay with the Procharger. You already have the brackets and if you have a 3 core intercooler you won't have to replace that. You can upgrade your P1-SC to a D1-SC for $1300 retail. This setup will easily get you over 600hp.

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
if you are looking to perform on the street and have great throttle response perhaps you should consider the kb. if you are looking for good power uptop, the procharger is the way to go. the kenne bell is the most (or close to it) expensive supercharger for our cars. keep this in mind as even if you sell your procharger, you will still be forking out a chunk of change.. KB can get you the numbers you are looking for just as well as procharger but I wouldn't just go for something that will provide you the power you want now and be maxed.. I would get something with room to grow.. everyone here will tell you that the power is addicting.

-lockdown-

Established Member
it's not worth it bro stay with your procharger if you had an 03-04 cobra then yeha go KB. MY old setup had build motor with a f1 procharger, and a kb,whepple cobra could not stand a chance....

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
it's not worth it bro stay with your procharger if you had an 03-04 cobra then yeha go KB. MY old setup had build motor with a f1 procharger, and a kb,whepple cobra could not stand a chance....

i agree ^^^^^ i had both, kb on my 03, and pro d-1 on my 95, stick with what you have, sounds like too much money to swap, kb is more fun on the street, (big block power) but i enjoyed both, if money is no big deal , kb is the way to go. however, pro wpuld be easier to hook on the street cause boost builds slower, kb is on or off, :)

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
yea i think that the instant boost might cause a little more tire spin now till i get my nittos :coolman:

Last edited:

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
oh by the way...its off topic but if someone could throw out some names for good turbo kits for a 98 cobra it would be helpful....my buddy is lookin for one....and thanks for all the feed back!!

-lockdown-

Established Member
A 2.2,2.8 build kb cobra vs a build d1sc,f1a cobra & the procharged car will make more power & be faster.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread