KB vs. Whipple superchargers.

S5Snake

Established Member
I'm considering going to an aftermarket blower, either the KB 2.2 or the Whipple 2.3. What are the advantages to running either one of them over the other. Is one better than the other. Help a brother out on this one, I only want to buy one of them.

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
I hear the KB has oil leak problems. I am going with the whipple as I hear only good reviews. As per what the difference is I don't know.

Lou

stangfreak

Established Member
actually the kenne bell doesnt have the oil leak problem anymore. the kb has been proven and high psi and can withstand a beating. whipple is too new and by looking at the materials used in both blowers, the kb looks stronger and nicely made.

MTI LS1

I will be going KB 2.2 in the winter. Like said, the KB has been proven at high HP levels and has the track times to back it up.

2000blackone

Established Member
Both superchargers have been around for a while. Whipple chargers aren't new. They've been used on many applications before. Comparing one to the other is only an issue of Brand Loyalty. If you find a good deal with either, I'd go for it. As stated above, Kenne Bell has solved their issue with oil leaks. It didn't happen that often, and it has been solved. If you're going for a track car, I'd even think about going with a centrifugal setup (Procharger or Paxton).

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
go with a whipple, it sounds cooler :rolling:

S5Snake

Established Member
I'll let you know the price of the blower as soon as it comes in. I have a few other items I orderd along with the blower so I'm not sure of its exact cost.

Users who are viewing this thread