Kbb suggested retail value skyrocketed??

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
Just for giggles and shits I decided to check the kbb value on my 98 cobra 41k miles. It says suggested retail is 19,500. If I'm not mistaken, last time I checked it was around 11k. If I can get 19k for this car ill ship it tomorrow lol.

Attaus

Established Member
I have noticed this as well. I bought my car in October of 2011 for $6500, it blue booked at $7,200. I checked a month ago and the blue book was $11,300. I checked just now and its $12,500.

hades_1

Established Member
Yeah saw that as well but that doesn't mean much, I think my car is currently 'worth' 13-14k on KBB but less than 3K on Nada o_O
Either way, the only thing that matter is how much peoples are willing to buy it for and that would be more like 7-9K imo...
Craigslist is a better way to judge of market value.

I believe that car insurance use the black book for car value (which isnt accessible to the public). So don't expect them to pay the KBB "value" if you total your car (sadly :) ).

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
98 w/ low miles is about 15+ k though on kbb, and about 10k on nada, values have gone up. the svts hold their value well. but sadly they are only worth what they actually sell for

parksr5

Established Member
I noticed the kbb value increase too over the last couple of months.

Along the same lines, I was curious so; I stopped into Car Max last weekend and they offered to buy my 97 Cobra for $6,000.

My car has 45,000 miles on it, has been garaged it's whole life and is almost showroom condition (a few chips, three small door dings but everything else is perfect).

Users who are viewing this thread