keep borlas or trade for roush

cdavila

Established Member
Ok guys and gals my 2013 GT is pretty much stock, steeda cai and tune borla s tyoe axleback and lethal performance 2 3/4 ota pipes the borlas sound good but i want a little more volume, and i have a chance to tra6se for a roush axleback those woth each i would like your opinion on the roush vs borla please or should i just keep the borla.

cdavila

Established Member
Sounds like a plan but i dont want to be taking it off thwn on for emissions testing here in austin

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
If your in Austin, I'd recommend just driving south a little to Bexar county where they don't do emissions for your inspection. Worked for me when my car was still registered in Dallas.

sleeper02

Established Member
IMO, Borla S types and Corsa Extremes are 2 of the greatest setups for the Coyote platform. Both control drone well, both have a great sound both catted and catless (and they only get better with long tubes), both are stainless steel construction, and both are proven to last. You cant go wrong with either choice. I would stick with the S types and go with a catless mid pipe. The Roush mufflers sound great, but youll have drone that will drive you nuts.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Ive had the Roush with lethal OTA pipes and even those made the car sound terribly raspy with no real tone. I switched to outlaws and those paired with the lethal OTA pipes gave me the deep and loud sound I was looking for. Now I'm saving up for an or x. My recommendation is keep the borlas and go or x or switch to another axle back except for roush

cdavila

Established Member
Decided to keep the borlas, but i still trade them for mbrp race or k9oks axleback if i find a trade, thanks guys for all the input.

ATX5.0

Established Member
Decided to keep the borlas, but i still trade them for mbrp race or k9oks axleback if i find a trade, thanks guys for all the input.

I also have the S types. I added an off road H pipe and it is much louder at WOT but still tame at idle (which isn't a bad thing).You won't regret getting a mid pipe. I also live in Austin.. All you really need is a tune and take it to an emissions friendly shop and you're set.

scott_0

Established Member
wish you were closer, I have Kooks ab's I'd gladly trade for your Borla's!

50HHHHH

Established Member
I could not be more happy with my Roush AB and x pipe. X pipe would be a nice addition to your borlas

cdavila

Established Member
Thinking of going with the Lethal Performance off road X or H to go along with their OTA pipes i have right now, i hope it makes my s types sound good but i might wait till January since thats when i have to get my inspection sticker, one question if you get a tune for the OR pipe to get rid of the CEL will it pass the test when they plug into the car as long as they dont visually notice no cats.

spaldingpm

Established Member
I have roush axle backs and they sound like complete ass. It's the most raspy mustang exhaust besides pypes violators on a 2v, I've ever heard in my life. I'm going s type, kooks LTs, and o/r x

Users who are viewing this thread