keep getting phone calls about my car....

PJM99

Established Member
Some guy seems to think my car is for sale. He's called me at least 5 times in the past few weeks. Today he called and said he's coming to take a look at the car, says he know where I keep it. I've told him repeatadely the car is NOT for sale and I have no interest in showing to anyone that is interested in buying it. He not taking no for an answer and insists on seeing the car. I'm starting to get worried someone is try to plan a theft or something. I don't know. His number always come up as unknown and I have no clue how he got my number. Can't think of any friends that would be trying to pull a prank on me. What do you guys think? Seems like that 1993 Cobras a getting pretty hot now.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sounds like a theft setup to me. When he calls again, I would ask for his name and home/business phone#. I would then run the ph# through www.anywho.com to see if it matches and what his address is. Also call the # back to see who answers. When they pick up just ask them "who's speaking" to see what they tell ya'.... if nothing ads up I would call the cops and then move the cobra to some other palce for a while, if possible.

badvenm

Established Member
Move the car somewhere else and when he calls tell him he can look at the car and take him somewhere other than were you store it and let him meet the cops instead.

AF EOD

Established Member
Just tell him you'll meet him somewhere. Then just see if he shows up and see who it is. Its probably a friend getting a kick out of it.

PJM99

Established Member
Moved the car to a temporary location. Called the cops and they traced the calls back to some guy in the UK. So far it seems like this is one of those money order scammers. I still can't figure out how he got my number or why he would be under the impression I am selling my car. I'll keep you guys posted. Just another type of scam to look out for I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread