keep or sell BBK LT's

hollowdweller

Established Member
Once again I'm having to pull my whole motor and trans just to check out the clutch...this makes about 3 times now. First the tranny sycrho's go out, then poor clutch adjustment burnt up clutch, then the TOB went bad. I just dont know if the LT's are worth the hassle. I'm fixing to add a T-trim @~16lbs so I really hate to get rid of them but if their only netting me 15~20hp I'll gladly ditch them for a pair of shorties. I dunno....I'm sick of pulling the motor but if the LT's are netting me 40~60hp I'll keep them and just deal with it. How much power do you think I'd lose if any by switching to shorties?

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Probably wouldn't loose that much. On a stock car LT's are only worth 10-15hp..a supercharged car is a different story maybe double that. I've never seen a graph to compare but it's definitely not 60hp. I say just make 100% sure your tranny is squared away this time. Fix anything that is broken and replace all bearings (TOB, pilot bearing etc) while you have it apart. Why chance doing it twice?

I've had the BBK longtubes for 5 years or so. I've only had to remove the tranny once and that was during my motor build when I had everything out to being with. I replaced all bearings and installed a new clutch/pressure plate and bought an 8 bolt flywheel that I had resurfaced. Just make sure it's ready to go so you don't have to pull it again.

Users who are viewing this thread