Keep or Sell?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
tumblr_nwutdqILwe1rn5a30o7_r1_400.gif

SHOdown220

Established Member
I don't get to ride mine as much as I used to but I every time I do get to ride I'm thankful I haven't let it go. Mine is staying for the long run. Whether or not I will invest more money in another one is the bigger question.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Sell the bike and start a 529 account and savings account for your daughter. We did that for my daughter when she turned 1 (now 2.5) and she'll have money for college and a decent car when the time is right. We have another daughter due in 3 weeks and we'll do the same for her.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Sell the bike and start a 529 account and savings account for your daughter. We did that for my daughter when she turned 1 (now 2.5) and she'll have money for college and a decent car when the time is right. We have another daughter due in 3 weeks and we'll do the same for her.

She has had one of those since birth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, the bike is up for sale. I figured it was time to just part ways with it.

jaxbusa

Established Member
How are you selling it? I have mine in Craigslist and on got two spammers in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

nxhappy

Established Member
How are you selling it? I have mine in Craigslist and on got two spammers in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
CL is ok but you can also use cycle trader.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
FZ is a good platform but there are much better options. And for me HD would be very last on the list. Too heavy, and basically no power. You would be much happier on a 4 cylinder light weight bike.

Didn’t care to have the fastest bike which I why I never bought a SS bike.

I love the Nightster honestly. It has enough power, it is nimble enough to be a blast on a back road, and I love the simplistic look of the bike.

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

txrunner

Established Member
My vote would be sell it. After kids my wife wouldn't ride with me because of "what if....…" I bought and sold 3 bikes in 4 years that went through the cycle of "I want a bike... I never ride it.... I want a bike". Decided that I was being selfish with my time & a fun car (couple Cobras & now Jeep) that the whole family can enjoy was the way to go. Never looked back. Still love motorcycles but in Houston, the driver are way too distracted & it would take 1/2 a day just to get out of the city to do some riding. We take the Jeep out all the time as a family. Oh, and bikes are easy to find great deals on used all the time (if you really regret it), people always look to get rid of toys around the Holidays for $$

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^^riding in the Houston area sucks ass! There's the endless construction that seems to be going on many roads, road hazards like pot holes that could swallow a bike, uneven/broken pavement, tool boxes and busted ladders that have fallen off shitty work trucks etc...Then you have to deal with the shitty ****ing drivers here. That's why I have a track bike/project bike (04 600RR) and an old thumper dirt bike Honda CR 125R. Every once and awhile I get a bug up my ass to get another bike, but then I think about riding in Houston...nope

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I got rid of mine when I had the first kid. Wife asked if I would ever want another one and my answer was no because I'd rather have something we can all enjoy.

Same mindset. Add in the retards on the road down here, it's not worth the risk.
Rather buy stuff the family can join, if they want to, and have fun together.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Same mindset. Add in the retards on the road down here, it's not worth the risk.
Rather buy stuff the family can join, if they want to, and have fun together.

I friend of mine went the other direction and kept doing big riding trips after he got married, still continued after he had a kid and is still doing it the weekends he doesn't have his son. Some people don't learn.

Users who are viewing this thread