Keep Paxton or go with Turbo

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
Ok guys I got a Novi 2000 currently, the original plan was to go turbo, as I bought a teksid block and have 03-04 Cobra heads. The plan was to hit around 650 or so. Money is a lil tighter than planned, so I was thinking of going with the House of Boost seperate drive system and boosting the Novi some more and living with that power level untill I become independently wealthy and can go the turbo route.

I also plan on throwing some cams in the heads and changing to a blow through system.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can still hit 650 with the Paxton. Do the blow through swap even with the blower.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
its def getting the blow through regardless

Thanks for the help, I just may be getting things done sooner, will 80lbs injectors be to much? And whats the verdict on the abaco MAFS? I like the look and objective of them.

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
i made 656 on my cobra with a novi 2k, it took 20psi to do so. i had stock heads and stock intake, blower cams. i popped my motor racing my friends rx7 and decided to go turbo.
i made 690 horse on HALF the boost with the turbo.
superchargers/blowers benifit from lots of motor work, if you run a good turbo you dont need a bunch of motor stuff, the turbo makes the power. i say sell the novi 2k, save the money your wanting to spend on the motor build and go with a good turbo set up.
of course then you gotta build a fuel system etc, maybe you should just keep the novi 2k haha

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
80lb injectors are good for 1000 horse with the proper fuel.
id say 60's for anything less than 700 horse...

61mmstang94

Established Member
You can still hit 650 with the Paxton. Do the blow through swap even with the blower.
^^^This.

You said you already have the supercharger, just stick with it and you can make your 650hp. No reason at this point to spend anymore since you said your budget is tight and the turbo will end up costing you a decent amount to switch to.

Put together what you have and have some fun with it.

i miss the old vortech sometimes. Should have stuck with my plans to go Ysi really
You can't even handle your little baby turbo barely making over 500hp. I suggest you stick with the weak setup you currently have and keep internet racing. It's safer and you can never lose. :)

01yellercobra

Established Member
its def getting the blow through regardless

Thanks for the help, I just may be getting things done sooner, will 80lbs injectors be to much? And whats the verdict on the abaco MAFS? I like the look and objective of them.

I'm running 80's on my set up right now. They were easier to tune then my 39's. The Abaco's seem cool, but I think you'd be better off with a slot style.

61mmstang94

Established Member
you are a joke. my setup makes plenty of power for now. gets me to school and back everyday!

Your car is slow. It might be fast to you since you're used to a heavy s-trim car, or whatever your old setup was, but your car is slow.

I saw countless street cars this past weekend that would rip you a new one, from hondas to supras to mustangs to anything you can think of, and you get on here every day acting like you have some amazing car...you tell me who's the joke.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Your car is slow. It might be fast to you since you're used to a heavy s-trim car, or whatever your old setup was, but your car is slow.

I saw countless street cars this past weekend that would rip you a new one, from hondas to supras to mustangs to anything you can think of, and you get on here every day acting like you have some amazing car...you tell me who's the joke.

have pulled two different newer r6 bikes, so whatever you think is slow...:rollseyes

61mmstang94

Established Member
have pulled two different newer r6 bikes, so whatever you think is slow...:rollseyes

That means nothing if the person on the bike doesn't know how to ride it to its potential, champ.

But of course you raced a professional rider who weighs 120 lbs and the R6 was modified and you still pulled 10 bus lengths on it, right? :rollseyes

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
That means nothing if the person on the bike doesn't know how to ride it to its potential, champ.

But of course you raced a professional rider who weighs 120 lbs and the R6 was modified and you still pulled 10 bus lengths on it, right? :rollseyes

yea your right...they must have BOTH been bone stock, had 250lb riders, and missed gears. what a coincidence...

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I also plan on throwing some cams in the heads and changing to a blow through system.

Keep the stock cams. Better on a turbo street car anyway. The money you save will almost make up the difference to convert to turbo, once you sell the Novi.

You're welcome.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
what is the NOVI worth? Not much I would think, plus Ill have to get a new intercooler cause the paxton style wont work with a turbo, then tack on the tube K, new fuel system so on and so forth, with keeping the blower all I need to do is buy the bracket and do a fuel system. Other than building the motor which will be done for either set up so that doesn't matter.

I dunno still thinking, I wanna get it done now, but if I do the turbo option Ill be waiting a while.

plus later on down the road I can buy a turbo and intercooler and be set, cause everything else will be done at that point.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

My Terminator pulled on an R6 when it was bone stock. Your claim holds no validity until you post up some timeslips, or actually race someone and post up a video of a fair race with you consistently pulling on fast cars/bikes.

Of course, given your track record, and this involving you having to actually go out and race...... doubtful anything will ever turn up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread