Keepin the Cobra, but the GT...?

CGGT01

Established Member
Hey everyone. Just looking for some opinions/advice. I have a 01 GT and I'm looking at buying a house. IDK if I should sell the GT (I'll still have the 96 Mystic) and get an inexpensive DD to save some $$$. If I sell her, it will only free up about 7gs for the purchase price of the car, and she's worth more to me than the 7gs it would free up. If I keep the GT, its getting a pair of cams, s281 wing, blk FR500, shocks/struts/springs (already purchased, not installed), and eventually, a TC.
The GT:
699045181_l.jpg

Both:
1115128969_l.jpg

Thanks for the input.

Svets96

Established Member
Yea man sell the GT, there an everyday car, nothin special. Others on here might feel different to this. Get a cheaper daily driver and put the other towards the house.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
This is a no brainer.

SELL THE GT! You should be attatched to that Mystic at the HIP MAN, AT THE GOD DAMN HIP! :)

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
sell the gt for house money. Everybody and there grandma owns a gt. And definitely keep that 96 mystic!, even if it means living in a shack

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
lets see, 96 4V mystic Cobra( Rare ) or 01 2V gt, just about everyone and their mamas have. I hope you know what my answer is..

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Team Dave said:
Sell the GT. I'd never ever sell a Mystic if I had one. EVER.

Why, that wouldn't happen to be a Laser Red SN95 with Cobra R's in your sig now would it? Hmm....looks familiar! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
TripleBlack95 said:
Why, that wouldn't happen to be a Laser Red SN95 with Cobra R's in your sig now would it? Hmm....looks familiar! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

LOL, WTF? How's it look familiar?

CGGT01

Established Member
Well, the house I'm looking at has a 2 car garage. I can afford it without selling the car, but my buddy who is going to be the roommate, is tellin me to sell the gt now that i have the mystic. i want to keep the mystic as a weekend/show car. considering that, would you guys still recommend selling the GT, which i have plans to mod? or is keeping the mystic as original as possible not a reasonable thought?

Last edited:

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
Sell GT get something cheaper on gas and insurance, that you don't have to worry about so much.

Having 1 mustang on a budget > Having 2 on a Budget IMO. I'd rather be able to throw more mod money at one then just a bit at 2. *at least for 2 stangs so similar might be different if there was a HUGE year gap or HP difference*

love bandit2

Established Member
Driving a car on a daily basis that I would actually care about would drive me absolutely insane. You watch it slowly going to shit and there's nothing you can do about it. Daily drivers get ruined. Sell the GT and get a piece of shit you can hit shopping carts with.

Users who are viewing this thread