keeping CEL off with O/R pipe??

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i have the O/R h pipe on my car b/c of the blower and not wanting to blow out stock cats all the time. i have the 420 and 430 codes from the O/R pipe and want to keep them from being thrown all the time. i tried the old spark plug fouler trick and it isnt helping at all. i had the rear o2's disabled and not even installed on my 2001 but was told it cant be done on the newer cars and still pass an inspection. i have a scan gauge so turning the light off is easy. i'm just tired of resetting it every 50 miles

anyone have any tricks to keeping the light off?

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
Just get a tune with them disabled also and run that 99% of the time. Then when you need to get an inspection, load the other tune back in.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
You are going to need to get the tune modified so that it doesn't throw the CEL at you, and when you need to get it inspected, put the tune you currently have back in and put the cats back on.

acrbill

Established Member
Seriously? I had no idea that you needed to put the cats back on to pass emissions. That kind of blows. Especially for the guys with longtubes and offroad H pipes.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
I am not sure about the requirements for his state, but a lot of states are now requiring that most if not all monitors be enabled, not just have the CEL off. When you turn off the rear o2's off, that's 2 monitors that are not ready, which could cause inspection to fail.

By putting the cats back on, and loading a tune where the rear o2s are enabled, those monitors are now re enabled and you are good to go for inspecton.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
I am not sure about the requirements for his state, but a lot of states are now requiring that most if not all monitors be enabled, not just have the CEL off. When you turn off the rear o2's off, that's 2 monitors that are not ready, which could cause inspection to fail.

By putting the cats back on, and loading a tune where the rear o2s are enabled, those monitors are now re enabled and you are good to go for inspecton.

Correct

Missouri is one of these states :cryying:

kona12

Established Member
You can try these theyre inexpensive and happened to work great when I
installed catt delete testpipes on my 2010 370z only had 700 miles on car.
even went to the dealer and no cel and nothing on theyre screen. i guess its the way the O2 is further located and its reading. If it works out let me know aswell as others here. Whats good about these they screw in on both
ends no weldin needed. O2s usually are universal thread pattern.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1069&products_id=1604

Last edited:

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
You can try these theyre inexpensive and happened to work great when I
installed catt delete testpipes on my 2010 370z only had 700 miles on car.
even went to the dealer and no cel and nothing on theyre screen. i guess its the way the O2 is further located and its reading. If it works out let me know aswell as others here. Whats good about these they screw in on both
ends no weldin needed. O2s usually are universal thread pattern.

Vibrant Performance ::.

interesting product. i will order one of these this week and see if it will work before dropping the cash on a pair of them.

Users who are viewing this thread