Keeps Popping Injector O-ring on startup

SicilianMobster

Established Member
Pretty much every 5 times i start the car it blows the O-ring on the 1st injector passenger side.... CPR Fuel Rails, Kenne Bell BAP, 60lb injectors.
Anybody have an idea why its doing this?

racebronco2

Established Member
I am not sure why you are blowing the o-rings but my guess is the injector is not seated all the way. If you can move the injector up and down more than a 1/4 of an inch it's too much (I don't remember my injectors having any play up or down but i could be wrong).

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
It's because CPR rails are rubbish.

You may have to modify the hold downs and re-weld them to get the proper angle and downward pressure on the injectors. Or go back to te stock rails that will suppourt 900 HP.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
stock fuel rails 900hp really wow would trust those things on 500hp.....i have cpr fuel rails and no issues at all but yes check the injector angle make sure you dont have a bad set.......

SicilianMobster

Established Member
How do I check the injector angle? There is no play as racebronco2 described and im 90% sure it's seated properly in the rail. I have also heard that these fuel rails are known for issues... The way im replacing the o-ring is pulling hop front bolt that holds the fuel rail down and pulling the fuel rail up over the injector. Then pull the o-ring off, slide a new one on, and set the rail back down... I was told by another member that this is ok to do. I push down on the rails as I tighten the bolt back up. If I dont push down HARD it blows again right away.

Last edited:

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
It sounds as if the rail does not have enough downward pressure on it in the front. You could elongate the mounting tab holes to push the rail downward further when tightening.

The way you are putting the o-ring on sounds fine, as long as you are not damaging it when putting the rail back on. I use engine oil, or Earls hose lube on the o-rings to pervent damage.

I fought with a set on a car I did work on, nothing but problems. Drilling, welding, and welding again.

If you are still returnless I would just put the stock rails on. No fire hazards that way. I would always be paranoind about it, could ruin your day fast.

Last edited:

SicilianMobster

Established Member
Don't even want to drive the thing because of it.. Worried about it running lean in that cylinder and damaging something. So u Think elongating the hole might work?

Users who are viewing this thread