Kegerator Conversion Kit

Chad_Diesel

Yeah Dude Sure Whatever
Established Member
Is there a local store where I can get a Kegerator Conversion Kit? I have a fridge that I'm not using, and I would like to convert it. I found one on eBay, but I would like to get it for this weekend.

Thanks guys,
Diesel

1671bkl8.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110040943551&rd=1&rd=1

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
FreSh03Gt said:
Where do you put the tap? on top of a 5 ft fridge?

Guess that would keep the midgets out of the beer.

there is alot of cool stuff on this site http://www.kegworks.com/home.php?cat=423 i cant find any place local though.

he should be able to mount it on any counter top, like next to his fridge... that all chrome beer tower looks nice!!!

you gotta be careful with how far away the tap is from the fridge though, you don't want the beer line to get warm or each first glass of beer for the day will be bad. I think there is some kind or wrap you can get for the hose, not sure how they do it in bars and stuff.

Last edited:

Chad_Diesel

Yeah Dude Sure Whatever
Established Member
The tower is going on the top of my bar, and the fridge will be right below the tower. The only thing between the fridge and the tower will be the width of the counter top.

I would like to find a store locally just in case I need any replacement parts.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
illadvisedSnake said:
he should be able to mount it on any counter top, like next to his fridge... that all chrome beer tower looks nice!!!

you gotta be careful with how far away the tap is from the fridge though, you don't want the beer line to get warm or each first glass of beer for the day will be bad. I think there is some kind or wrap you can get for the hose, not sure how they do it in bars and stuff.

So true, If it gets too warm all you get is foam. The only foam you want is when you take a piss:-D

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
Chad_Diesel said:
The tower is going on the top of my bar, and the fridge will be right below the tower. The only thing between the fridge and the tower will be the width of the counter top.

I would like to find a store locally just in case I need any replacement parts.

my kegerator is open on the top into the beer tower itself... not sure if you could swing that with your counter top... the beer tower it self if you think about it should be chilled also... there is a rubber gasket between the beer tower and the kegerator. It should work the same way with your counter top. You could possibly cut a hole in the top and use a piece of PVC pipe or something with some silicon or some type of gasket to hold the coldness in and keep the beer cold hopefully sealing it should cut the cost down of running the fridge, if its open into the air it will always run.

Chad_Diesel

Yeah Dude Sure Whatever
Established Member
illadvisedSnake said:
my kegerator is open on the top into the beer tower itself... not sure if you could swing that with your counter top... the beer tower it self if you think about it should be chilled also... there is a rubber gasket between the beer tower and the kegerator. It should work the same way with your counter top. You could possibly cut a hole in the top and use a piece of PVC pipe or something with some silicon or some type of gasket to hold the coldness in and keep the beer cold hopefully sealing it should cut the cost down of running the fridge, if its open into the air it will always run.

Good idea!!

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
Chad_Diesel said:
Good idea!!

post up some pictures when you get it done. I'm curious to see how it turns out. You may want to get one of those cheapo thermometers to stick inside the fridge also, you don't want it to go above 40*F. I have a rotten keg of oberon :cryying: sitting in mine. The thermostate resets it self on the kegerator if the power goes out... well for some reason the power goes out at my house about 2 times a month and it defaults back to a settings of 46*F... not paying attention next thing I know, I see it at 50* on the LCD display... been at that temp all day without me knowing... makes me sick :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread