Kene Bell

Machinator

Banned
The mach does have weak rods and pistons but the manual mach got the good cobra steel crank. Just get a built bottom end and you should be good. Thats what I am doing, good luck.

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by LG2004Redfire
doesn't the mach 1 have weak rods and crank and also 10:1 comp?

Mach1 (5-spd) has a forged crank and if the tune is right the motor will live good with about 9lbs of boost.

Pete

Mach0ne351

Established Member
dont push it past 7psi on the 99/01 and 03/04 mach1 bottom end!!! dont do it! youll be asking for trouble. build up the bottom end, then pump in the boost! i wouldnt run past 5psi on the stock bottom end, cause im just a cauious kind of a guy. thats just me haha

-marek

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I have run 10psig of boost in my Mach for 12k miles and have had zero issues with my internals.

Yes, I do wish my rods and pistons were forged because I would crank up the boost tomorrow.

In my opinion it's the excessive heat of compression that kills a weak motor. Have you ever felt the throttle body of a supercharged car after it's raced? It's so hot you can't put your hand on the part. Unless you have a way of ridding the heat of compression I feel you will eventually have issues with the motor.

Vortech has an air to water after cooler, which is what's on my car, it works very well. I would say it removes up to 100 degrees of unwanted heat on a hot day.

My question is does the Kenne Bell have any way of lowering compressed air temperatures? If not, I feel the KB would or could be the death knell for a Mach. I do love how those KB's sound. They are so intimidating coupled with headers. Nothing sounds better.

I tell ya, I would put a KB on my Mach if I had forged internals, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread