Kenne Bell 2.2 install and high rpm on startup

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
so i got it all buttoned up last night and loaded the tune from brooks speed and when she started she shot all the way up to 4k rpms and stays there :shrug: so i shut her down immediatley. Swapped out the billetflow tb and put the stock one on and the same thing.

i have heard you need to adjust the bracket that holds the cable?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Need to drive it 2.5 hours tomorrow :nonono:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Check the TB SENSOR ... also give it couple of days , usually when I upload a new tune I have this same issue of idling a bit high but goes away after a day or two :shrug:

TRBO VNM

Look at TB blade with intake off. Is blade closed? Is the cable actually pulling the blade open?

Have you adjusted your tps? Usually something like this could mean a vac leak.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Look at TB blade with intake off. Is blade closed? Is the cable actually pulling the blade open?

Have you adjusted your tps? Usually something like this could mean a vac leak.

I'm going to check it out here in a little. How do I adjust the tps? Anyone have pics on how all the vac lines are suppose to be connected/capped/t'd etc?

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
which lines run into the middle barb..there are to connectors that have 2 red vac lines connected into them.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
aefff0f7-eaa9-88fd.jpg

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
ask for pics and i will take them just so everyone knows what they are looking at to maybe see an issue...i am not by the car now but i know that when i was looking at the throttle cable bracket it was not touching the stopper even though it was extended all the way.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Check throttle cables, Tb itself, all as mentioned. All vac lines, pinched, small hole, bent line....By chance do you have two tunes in your handheld?

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
No just one tune, well the other 91 tune from bama that's just for eaton and 2.8 pulley

TRBO VNM

I usually remove all that crap on the side of the blower and redo all the vac lines.

Categorize the items that have to have boost and those that are vac only.

your vac source is the upper port and the boost source is the lower port, usually a brass 90 degree barp on the blower plate on driver side.

then just make the connections as needed with the materials you have. the nipple on the JLT intake I just cap off.

VAC Only:
AC line
Y fitting coming from passenger fender.

BOOST Source:
stock boost gauge, aftermarket boost gauge
FRPS
KB bypass valve

If return fuel system, pressure regulator instead of the FRPS unless you are running both.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
The TPS is self adjusting but sometimes it will be either way off and will need to adjust it alittle or it will be just bad. If you keep throwing the code its probably bad. I kept messing around with mine when i had a high idle issue and throwing the code. I ended up just buying a new one and the code hasn't come back.

What throttle body are you using? I have red up alot and people running a single blade tend to have idle hanging issues as do I. To cure/help that I put a spring on the throttle arm to pull it back when its open

Users who are viewing this thread