Kenne Bell 3.6 is here, any "wish you would've known this before starting" tips?

Jorday

Established Member
My 3.6 is here thanks to Revan racing. I'm just waiting on my Cervini Cobra R hood which should be here in a few days hopefully. The hood is supposed to shut with no motor mount swap or k member spacers required. Anyone have any last minute recommendations for the install?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing really, it's surprising a easy blower to install, follow the directions and you should be good to go, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
The only thing I didn't have right when I got done was they tell you to hook up the boost bypass to a vacuum hose that doesn't see boost. It made the blower laggy and wasn't seeing hardly any boost. Did some research and 2011 gtcs helped and sent me some picks and it needs to be T'ed into the the fuel rail pressure hose that goes to the lower intake it made a big difference.

Jorday

Established Member
Nothing really, it's surprising a easy blower to install, follow the directions and you should be good to go, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks man appreciate it. I have the Ford racing exhaust on my car, is that the same exhaust you have basically? Is your car pretty loud? I currently have stock manifolds and cats. Id like headers but I don't think I would be able to deal with my car being any louder than it currently is.
The only thing I didn't have right when I got done was they tell you to hook up the boost bypass to a vacuum hose that doesn't see boost. It made the blower laggy and wasn't seeing hardly any boost. Did some research and 2011 gtcs helped and sent me some picks and it needs to be T'ed into the the fuel rail pressure hose that goes to the lower intake it made a big difference.

Hmm thanks a lot for that tip I will look out for this!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man appreciate it. I have the Ford racing exhaust on my car, is that the same exhaust you have basically? Is your car pretty loud? I currently have stock manifolds and cats. Id like headers but I don't think I would be able to deal with my car being any louder than it currently is.

Hmm thanks a lot for that tip I will look out for this!

Headers made a huge difference on my car, especially with the big blower the exhaust needs to breath and I didn't mind my car being loud as hell lol, but I know that's not for everyone. What pulley are you going to run?
This is my car with the full exhaust
[youtube_browser]3rDIPNU1g2M[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]4SiQEoX1Ipc[/youtube_browser]

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
Putting the egr back on was a pita lol, that sucked. Be sure to check your kit for new supercharger to discharge plate m8x50 allen bolts and washers. My kit didn't come with them, I had to customize the stock ones to get 2 to fit. The 3.6 is chunky in the middle and factory bolts wont fit and will scratch your blower. Make sure you plug you IAT back in before you set the blower on also.

Good luck, I love mine.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Putting the egr back on was a pita lol, that sucked. Be sure to check your kit for new supercharger to discharge plate m8x50 allen bolts and washers. My kit didn't come with them, I had to customize the stock ones to get 2 to fit. The 3.6 is chunky in the middle and factory bolts wont fit and will scratch your blower. Make sure you plug you IAT back in before you set the blower on also.

Good luck, I love mine.

Yes the EGR is a pain in the ass, I found it easiest to loosen up the nut on the EGR tube from the exhaust manifold so you have some wiggle room

Jorday

Established Member
Thanks for posting those vids man. It sounds pretty loud in the videos haha. Im right in the middle of installing my MGW Gen 2 shifter right now lol. I cant start on the KB until next week when my hood gets here so the shifter is gonna give me something to do.

Thanks for the additional tips guys. I will prepare myself for some mild to moderate frustration before I tackle the EGR. :)

mrpork

Established Member
Thanks for posting those vids man. It sounds pretty loud in the videos haha. Im right in the middle of installing my MGW Gen 2 shifter right now lol. I cant start on the KB until next week when my hood gets here so the shifter is gonna give me something to do.

Thanks for the additional tips guys. I will prepare myself for some mild to moderate frustration before I tackle the EGR. :)

how long did it take you to install your shifter?

Jorday

Established Member
I'd say it took me right around 3 hours to do just using regular tools and ramps. I took my time, took a couple of beer breaks and rewatched a couple of parts of the MGW video. I also got interrupted a ridiculous number of times by my phone ringing...I bet I had to crawl out from under the car 10 times to make sure it wasn't work calling me lol. It's really not too bad of a job. It's probably about as much work as maybe swapping both the upper and lower control arms out of the rear suspension.

Jorday

Established Member
I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes as far as performance either. I will say that the stock 2013-2014 GT500 heat exchanger is actually pretty large. Its WAY bigger than the one that came on my ZR1. The GT500 heat exchanger is over three times the size of the one used on the ZR1. The GT500 one is actually quite a bit bigger than the aftermarket heat exchanger I put on the old ZR1 by a decent amount. The stock GT500 heat exchanger also looks to be significantly bigger than the one on my new C7Z06 and also its bigger than the one on my hellcat.

But as far as looks/cool factor on a scale of 1-10 I'd probably give the Shelby heat exchanger about a 12. They look sick. I'll probably end up buying it even if it does not offer much performance gain just because it looks so damn cool. :)

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I need one of those as well, I wonder how much of a difference it makes over the stocker?

Its not a hole lot of a improvement when your driving on the highway, but at a stop light or slow city driving it definitely helps a lot, it's been 100+ degrees in AZ and the absolute highest my IAT2s get is 140 at a dead stop, driving around I'm around 125, in the winter I never get into the 100s

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
2011 GTCS any negatives sound wise going w/ SS mufflers and Lt's w/ O/R H? I have your same exhaust setup but w/ the hi flow cats and have been debating on going O/R ?

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
2011 GTCS any negatives sound wise going w/ SS mufflers and Lt's w/ O/R H? I have your same exhaust setup but w/ the hi flow cats and have been debating on going O/R ?

Not at all, it sounds incredible now with the headers and OFR H pipe

Users who are viewing this thread