Kenne Bell boost a pump

Palacios289

Established Member
I have a boost a pump that I am ready to install pre-FPDM. My Cobra has 2.76 pulley, CAI, X Pipe and catback. My boost a pump is the later one that I believe is fixed at 17 volts. Do I need to retune for this BAP or does the PCM adjust on its own?

Palacios289

Established Member
Slo984, I’ve seen as high as .98 fuel injector duty cycle on my SCT. I’m adding ported blower soon so I figure I’d be maxing out. I do have 60lb injectors if that matters.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Injector duty cycle is different than fuel pump duty cycle. And you shouldn't be any where near the max on injectors. I tuned a buddies car with a stage 4 port and the 60's were good. But the pumps were done. I think it was the mileage though. Close to 200k on them I think.

I'd datalog the FPDC and see where you're at. Another issue might be the injectors are staying open longer to make up for lower fuel pressure. Which could be cause by a dying pump. If that's the case you're better off upgrading instead of overdriving a dying pump.

$vt98

Established Member
The tune will need to be tweaked. Are your pumps maxed?

When I installed mine I was seeing .98 FPDC and it dropped down to less than .60 with the BAP and wiring upgrade. I installed mine after my tune and never retuned after the install because I thought it only provided more “available” fuel. Would you say it’s making my car run rich now without the retune?

01yellercobra

Established Member
When I installed mine I was seeing .98 FPDC and it dropped down to less than .60 with the BAP and wiring upgrade. I installed mine after my tune and never retuned after the install because I thought it only provided more “available” fuel. Would you say it’s making my car run rich now without the retune?
The problem I ran into was when I flashed the computer or disconnected the battery the car would run horrible until the ECU relearns the voltage table. I needed to tweak the voltage table to match the BAP, but sold the car before I got into it.

Users who are viewing this thread