Kenne Bell CAI

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
I purchased the KB CAI with the massive 12" filter based on there strong marketing and sales pitch.

I am not sure if it's the CAI or my plugs ....but I now have issues.

Surging at low rpms in first gear.....is this my Accufab TB acting up?

At 30 - 40 mph I sense missing....hesitation...ever so slightly.

I have NGK TR-6's at .035....could it be the plug or is it the bend in the tube of the KB CAI....I here folks talk about not creating turbulent air.

Also....what's the remedy for the check engine light when you take your CAT's off? I took my CAT's off and the light never came on...I had Rick at AR re-burn my chip...now the light is on??

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I had some lurching at around 2100 RPMs with TR6's. I guess it was about that speed. Just be cruising ligtly on the gas and it felt like misfires or something. Went back to stock plugs because stock pulley is back on it doesnt do it anymore.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Mods

My mods include:

2.93 upper
6 lb lower
100 mm idler
3 - auxillary idlers
3.25 Alternator pulley
Diablo chip
Accufab Throttlebody
Bassani Headers
Bassani X-pipe (cats removed...probably causing my light to come on)

Kenne Bell CAI with 12" filter
NGK TR-6 plugs...gapped .035
4:10 Gear
Tri-ax shifter
BFG 315 Drag Radials
MM Sub frames
H&R Sport springs drop 1 1/2
IRS and Diff Bushings
Hard launch brace
Battery in trunk
(Gords Heat exchanger this weekend)

j card

Established Member
I have the KB CAI with no problems. I get a little surging at low speed, but only when the engine is very cold - as soon as it gets a little heat in it, it's gone.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I have had no issues with my steeda cai...I was concerned I would after hearing about these types of issues. Does the kb setup have a bend in it (ie in fender)?

j card

Established Member
Yep, the filter ends up way down behind the fog light, and the hose that connects it ends up being S shaped. It hasn't been causing any problems on mine.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Tune

Rick at Amazon did my tune.....several well respected folks are telling me to pull my KB CAI.....because of the bend to go into the fender.....ie: Richard at Strickly Performance, Rick at Amazon, Gord, to name a few.....I'm with them....I'm going back to the 9" K&N straight setup.

If this doesn't cure the surges and missing....I'm going to go with a Motorcraft 12 plug.....I just can't get anyone to tell me where to gap it.....any help?

Users who are viewing this thread