Kenne bell/Gear

whitesnake86

Established Member
I'm currently running stock blower right now with 4.10 gears, I'm looking to get a kennebell 2.8 from evolution and run 700+ HP, I know I gotta change my gear, which would be better 3.73 or 3.55?

whitesnake86

Established Member
Yea I was thinking 3.55s would be good, a lot of power. I'm already just over 6000 rpms with the stock blower on 4.10s at the end of the 1/4. I was thinking 3.73s might be too much but not too sure. I wanna have good take off power but also some good top end in 4th

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yea I was thinking 3.55s would be good, a lot of power. I'm already just over 6000 rpms with the stock blower on 4.10s at the end of the 1/4. I was thinking 3.73s might be too much but not too sure. I wanna have good take off power but also some good top end in 4th

3.73's were installed as part of my Super Snake upgrade along with the 2.8 KB, personally, I think 3.55's would work great. It is not that the 3.73's are bad, it is that 3.73's aren't needed. I may change to 3.55's sometime in the future. :thumbsup:

BTW - While we are discussing this, what needs to be changed so that the speedo reads correctly after the gear change? :shrug:

R

pony23

Established Member
BTW - While we are discussing this, what needs to be changed so that the speedo reads correctly after the gear change? :shrug:

R
Mine is adjustable in my xcal3. Just scroll through and pick your gear.

whitesnake86

Established Member
@zporta and robert, I was curious if either of you ran your car at the track and what your RPMs were at the end of the 1/4 mile? thanks for the info though, both of your cars seem really nice, I'm sure both gears would be nice but trying to see how much of a difference there is between them, I wanna be aggressive on the gear but don't want to go too high.

and yea robert, its pretty easy adjusting the speedo, like pony23 said, my SCT tuner has a option on it too when you plug it in and scroll through it to change your rear gear ratio

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
@zporta and robert, I was curious if either of you ran your car at the track and what your RPMs were at the end of the 1/4 mile? thanks for the info though, both of your cars seem really nice, I'm sure both gears would be nice but trying to see how much of a difference there is between them, I wanna be aggressive on the gear but don't want to go too high.

and yea robert, its pretty easy adjusting the speedo, like pony23 said, my SCT tuner has a option on it too when you plug it in and scroll through it to change your rear gear ratio

No track time for me..........but if you are wanting a more aggressive gear, then the 3.73's will do that. I mainly do the car show thing with mine, with an occassional sprints here and there, for my use a 3.55 would be fine.

R

whitesnake86

Established Member
Yea I'll probably go with the 3.73 but just wanted to make sure it's not too much gear for a KB but if 3.73 was part of your Supersnake upgrade it should be good

garbonzo1991gt

Flying Monkey Commander
Established Member
3.73s are good for that kind of power if you plan on running 28" tall slicks at the drag track and it's an around town kind of car... If you plan on taking some roadtrips or DD it. I would reccomend 3.55s. Also 26" tall slick if you're going to drag race it.

Just my opinion, though based on personal experience. Not word of mouth.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'm currently running stock blower right now with 4.10 gears, I'm looking to get a kennebell 2.8 from evolution and run 700+ HP, I know I gotta change my gear, which would be better 3.73 or 3.55?

Buy 1" taller tire. :banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3, not an "i" anything.

Users who are viewing this thread