Kenne Bell install

03SCCOBRA

Established Member
Anyone install their own Kenne Bell? If so how long did it take and did you encounter any problems along the way. Any driveability issues after the install? Seriously thinking of buying the KB 2.2 and doing the install myself if it's not a complete headache. Everytime I go to the vid section of this board and play a KB cobra vid I'm ready to order that bad boy. :thumbsup:

stang007

Established Member
Did mine myself...was very straightforward with great instructions. Hardest part of the install was wiring the boost a pump and screwing in the screw under the throttle body inlet and hooking up that same fuel injector. I work during the day, so I did it over two nights...1st night I took off the eaton and swapped the intercooler to the KB, and the second I dropped in the new unit.
Took me about 6-7 hours total. Best mod there is period! Feels like a whole new car everytime I drive it! I'm putting down 609HP at the wheels at 19psi on only 19 degrees of timing. could push timing to 23 or so but wanted to be safe in the arizona heat and have not (knock on wood) heard any detonation. Might I also recommend the crower stage 2 cams. WOW! Hope this all helps.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
03SCCOBRA said:
Anyone install their own Kenne Bell? If so how long did it take and did you encounter any problems along the way. Any driveability issues after the install? Seriously thinking of buying the KB 2.2 and doing the install myself if it's not a complete headache. Everytime I go to the vid section of this board and play a KB cobra vid I'm ready to order that bad boy. :thumbsup:

I did the install in about 8 hours , make sure you read the instruction well and have all the tools as well the one for the fuel lines. its easy if you have work on cars before.

Users who are viewing this thread