Kenne Bell Mammoth with Stock Rails and Return

dsm2cobra

Established Member
Long story short, I planned on doing a VMP TVS, bought the lethal budget return system and installed it, then ended up going Kenne Bell Mammoth. I need to relocate the Fuel Pressure Regulator as it won't fit at the stock FRP sensor loacation. The lethal FRP adapter won't work now either. I'm looking for an adapter coming off the stock fuel rail at the FRP location that goes to 6AN for the return, anyone know of one?

dsm2cobra

Established Member
Think I found a way to clock the Division X FRP adapter forward, use a 150 degree hose end fitting, and run the fuel line along the inside of the rail, regulator is going on the passenger side. Anyone know the limits of the lethal budget system in conjunction with ID1000's injectors. Shooting for 660-700whp @ 20-21 psi.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Think I found a way to clock the Division X FRP adapter forward, use a 150 degree hose end fitting, and run the fuel line along the inside of the rail, regulator is going on the passenger side. Anyone know the limits of the lethal budget system in conjunction with ID1000's injectors. Shooting for 660-700whp @ 20-21 psi.

Are you using gasoline or E85?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
93 octane

We rate the base budget system with 60lb injectors at 700rwhp on gasoline. With 80's we rate it at 750rwhp. I believe with a larger injector you can support more than that as well but that really will depend on what the limits are of the stock line, filter and rails.

With that said you shouldn't have any issues safely supporting the power you're looking to make with your current setup.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared

dsm2cobra

Established Member
We rate the base budget system with 60lb injectors at 700rwhp on gasoline. With 80's we rate it at 750rwhp. I believe with a larger injector you can support more than that as well but that really will depend on what the limits are of the stock line, filter and rails.

With that said you shouldn't have any issues safely supporting the power you're looking to make with your current setup.

Thanks,
Jared

good deal, thanks Jared

A stallion

Established Member

I am running into the same issue the dx frps adaptor is hitting the kb throttle bracket. What should I do if I am still using the factory rails. I have the lethal budget kit as well. Any pictures. Here is pictures in the link for my issue
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfdtw0xy2fmy447/AACpcadNmcr3v4kL8I0xIOJWa?dl=0

A stallion

Established Member

Thanks,
Jared

Hello Jared,

I am having the same issue with my lethal budget kit FRPS mount to clear the the kb mammoth throttle bracket like seen in the link in the above comment ^.

Any suggestions?

Majeed

ctgreddy

Established Member
A stallion, thanks a lot for those pics. I'm working on finishing my mammoth install and had to fab up my own throttle bracket and your pics helped a lot. lol.

With that said, the only way I can see it working for you with the stock placement is if you modify the bracket and delete cruise. Then maybe you'll have enough room for a 90* bend fitting. Or just leave the frps there, and modify the system so you run return style by putting the regulator before the rails. This setup is a tad confusing but will work just as good and will probably even help minimize high fuel temperatures.

A stallion

Established Member
A stallion, thanks a lot for those pics. I'm working on finishing my mammoth install and had to fab up my own throttle bracket and your pics helped a lot. lol.

With that said, the only way I can see it working for you with the stock placement is if you modify the bracket and delete cruise. Then maybe you'll have enough room for a 90* bend fitting. Or just leave the frps there, and modify the system so you run return style by putting the regulator before the rails. This setup is a tad confusing but will work just as good and will probably even help minimize high fuel temperatures.

Your welcome buddy!! Funny because I was thinking about these solutions LOL

The first one you might be right but I think the cruiser control part might help, but still not enough space.

The second option by having the regulator before the rails and my plan was:

we will replace the short OEM fuel line segment (with the damper) with an aftermarket line that will feed into the regulator, then out and back to the OEM rails.

Note that we have to use -6 line from the factory hard line to the regulator, then -8 line from the regulator to the OEM rails.

Thought about it and I don't like the supply going through the regulator first and then the rails. I like the rails to have a full supply before the regulator restricts it.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Your welcome buddy!! Funny because I was thinking about these solutions LOL

The first one you might be right but I think the cruiser control part might help, but still not enough space.

The second option by having the regulator before the rails and my plan was:

we will replace the short OEM fuel line segment (with the damper) with an aftermarket line that will feed into the regulator, then out and back to the OEM rails.

Note that we have to use -6 line from the factory hard line to the regulator, then -8 line from the regulator to the OEM rails.

Thought about it and I don't like the supply going through the regulator first and then the rails. I like the rails to have a full supply before the regulator restricts it.

while it doesn't sound right, the regulator before the rails will work just fine. I've done it on a few cars at work, the latest one was a 730whp g8 that had zero fuel issues.

A stallion

Established Member
while it doesn't sound right, the regulator before the rails will work just fine. I've done it on a few cars at work, the latest one was a 730whp g8 that had zero fuel issues.

So I should try it the way I mention it earlier? Or you have a better way for the before rails setup?

Users who are viewing this thread