Kenne Bell on a 96-98 w/ PI Heads ? ?? ?

dalamar_96

Established Member
Is anyone on here running a KB with PI heads on a 96 - 98?
If so, where did you buy it?
Their feeding me a line about the kits being engineered, but it states on their
GT page that #'s are the same as 99 if PI heads are used!?

If so, I'd like to hear about your results. :rolling:

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
I am still getting to know this whole performance mod thing :poke: , but I would think compression would have a major issue with PI and boost. But I too would like to know what's up. I am trying to decide to go PI or KB.

dalamar_96

Established Member
CVR98GT said:
No one knows?

I'm very supprised that no one answered that question, especially with all the KB hype on this site.

thats OK - I found out. Apparently KB is getting sick of dealing with
ppl on the phone. Their tech guys are dicks I guess, (your should see the BS emails their guy sent me.) -they only want to work with dealers. So you have to find the right KB installer to get a kit like that. But, It's do-able

CVR98 - I'd recommend you go PI then blower. Your wouldn't get much over 100 HP out of a blower with your stock heads. I gained 95 rwhp with my PI heads / mild cams. after that your blower will get you up to 400 at the wheels. The compression will be 10.6:1 afterwards. that's a little highter, but if you get a good tune, you'll be fine. Heat is your enemy, so definately go intercooled blower, or methonal injection.
I guess it depends on the power you want to achieve. If you want low 300, then just get a blower, if you want to be in the 400's then you'll need PI heads.

A lot more ppl offer the PI headswap that when I did mine. Prices are better too. The install is the trick. 10 hr job at a shop rate sux.

If you dont know anyone, Id recommend you go to ford, and talk with the tech's there, Find the right guy, and ask how much he would want to do the install on the side.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread