kenne bell or apten with spray.....

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Its official for me Im going the Apten+Spray route.....It seems to be the better choice for a married/college guy who's always broke....lol.....I already have the 2.8, I just want to add the Ported blower-4lb lower-100-150 shot (cant decide whats the safest)-injectors-BAP-JDM chip instead of my Diablosport.....Right now Im about 480-490rwhp so Im thinkin I should be nicely into the 500's w/o NOS and decently into the 600's w/ NOS....I basically dont drag/race much but when I do I want to beat everything in sight!......I may even swap out the 2.8 for the 2.76....think I should??? Bump for this thread---Jon

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
With your mods, a ported blower, and then adding a 4# lower . . . I would think you would be over 500 hp EASILY! and yes with a 100 shot you would be over 600 hp and close to 675-700 tq! i think where you live you probably would beat everything in sight . . . hell you would run then into the ground!

:thumbsup:

MyT-Mouse

Established Member
I just bought the Edelbrock dry kit. After extensive searches and research it seems to be the best kit out there for our Cobras IMO.

I have yet to port my blower but plan to in the near future.

I have a RWTD N2o tune, 2.76 BF upper, C&L 95mm MAF, Borla CB.

In NA trim I have run 12.1 at 117. On the sauce I'm looking for mid 11's.

Port and Spray gets my vote simply b/c of the cost factor and bang for the buck.

JTSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by mwaull
With your mods, a ported blower, and then adding a 4# lower . . . I would think you would be over 500 hp EASILY! and yes with a 100 shot you would be over 600 hp and close to 675-700 tq! i think where you live you probably would beat everything in sight . . . hell you would run then into the ground!

:thumbsup:

Good deal, thats what I thought...hell @ 490rwhp now, I figured the port/4lb lower-JDM chip would put me around 550-575rwhp (possibly better w/ 2.76) and of course the N2O sprayed @ a moderate 100-120shot will yeild some nice #'s......The real Q I have now is should I stay 2.80 or go 2.76???....should I go Wetkit or Drykit??.....Should I use KB's BAP and go w/ bigger injectors too???.....Holler---JT

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Talked to Broke7 the other night and he was telling me he rolled with a KB car I think at 17lbs from 50 mph and Broke said he was door to door with him until the extreme top of 4th where the KB inched. I was impressed with Brokes Apten car to be there with the KB and that was with Broke off the bottle.
The KB car started in 3rd @ 50 and broke was in second. Advantage, Broke.

lucafu1

Established Member
there is no difference between a 2.8 and 2.76
well, only a 0.04 wich isnt anything you will notice.

03phil

Established Member
I was going for the whipple but the wife wants another baby:bash: so its apten and spray for me lol

Jpjr

Established Member
The funny thing is that you guys are all looking at NA 500rwhp.

I'd say NOS if your not using your car on the track. Anything over 500hp is way overkill for the street IMO, and if it wasn't a cheap shot of juice would be all you need.

I baby my car and rarely race it, but want to port the Eaton this winter and add a pulley and tune.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
my good friend has a 96 Viper twin turbo with a completely built motor....

twin turbo, 4 speed custom auto... 1400 hp..... 500hp aint shit here!!!!!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
my good friend has a 96 Viper twin turbo with a completely built motor....

twin turbo, 4 speed custom auto... 1400 hp..... 500hp aint shit here!!!!!
500 hp is for babies. :D

JTSVT

Established Member
Ill second that...there's 650's-800' guy's running round here.....I just want 10's and a car that will beat mostly anything on the street....granted there's a monster here and there...Im too used to me 500 I guess......JT

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
for the money . . . a 03 cobra with bang for your buck mods (pulley, exhaust, apten, spray, tune) will easily have 500-700 hp . . .

Now when you bring in vettes and vipers with turbos and built motors, id have to say your not really into the "bang for your buck" range anymore. . . your in the "i dont give a fu#k" range

:lol:

Last edited:

ModMike1572

Established Member
Around here, theres a shit load of f-bodies with all boltons and heads/cam, and now the new thing is to get an fbody and put a 100 shot and thats it lol... and then a few stangs, one with 600hp - thats about it over here in hedersonville nc... i wanna be one of the fastest with whatever setup i choose.

I'm really leaning towards the apten and nitrous route now....

Users who are viewing this thread