Kenne Bell / Procharger guys...please help

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Hey guys..newbie here,
I have a 98 cobra with the only mods being Bassani o/r X and Borla side-exhaust. ( 3.73 or 4.10's coming soon...not sure if 4.10's would be too low with a blower??)
I am having a hard time deciding between a Kenne Bell 1500 (6 lb.) with a boost-a-pump....and a Procharger (6 lb.) with a 2 core intercooler (not the self-contained one, I have heard about too many replaced seals) I will have the car custom tuned, dynoed, and chipped regardless of which one I go with.
This is my garage kept, weekend driven baby and the #1 factor is to keep my motor SAFE and detonation free....PERIOD. I was set on a procharger but the chrome Kenne Bell is sweet-looking as he**, alot easier to install, and I have heard it cant be beat for fun and instant boost on the street.
Unless I am mistaken, they both will add 40-50 % (or 90-100 h.p.) but which one would have the lower track times? The procharger is supposed to run the 1/4 on my car in 12.9 (stock w/3.73 and street tires). I dont know about the Kenne Bell.
Anyone running the Kenne Bell on a 96-98 SVT with some insight or track times.
My goal (eventually) is to have primarily a "corner carving street car " that can still lay down a 11.99 1/4 mile to whip some LT-1 ass.

Sorry for the 1 meeeeellion questions...ANY thoughts ???

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

392Bird

Banned
The main difference is, the KB builds power very low and very fast. The procharger builds slower, and mostly at higher rpms. For a street car, that you want your power across a broad range, the KB wins. For a strip car, that you are only in the low rpm range that the KB thrives on for a moment, then you stay in the higher rpm range in each gear, the Procharger moves to the front. So, if you want mainly a strip car, get the procharger. If its for mostly the street, get the KB and have a ball.

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Thanks bird...
Yea honestly, the car might see a drag strip a few times a year (I mean..I would rather not have my ass handed to me @ the dragstrip), but most of my racing will be on the street:rolling: , and most red lights arent 1/4 mile apart:kaboom: Plus, the K.B. system looks sooo sweet and it can simply be bumped up to 8 and 9 lbs. if I want a little more later.
Anyone know someboby running a K.B. on a 96-98 Cobra

DIE LT-1/LS-1...DIE !!! (sorry, had to get that out of my system...)
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread