Kenne Bell Pulley Bolt

nothing

nothing
Established Member
Kenne Bell Pulley Bolt - Finally Removed

I have a KB2.8H and am unable to remove the bolt that holds the pulley on.

It s now beginning to strip out.

Can someone take a picture of this bolt for me? I am about to attempt to drill it out and would like to see what i am going to be dealing with.

if that fails i will be sending to KB for drive rebuild :fm:

Last edited:

D-MANN

Established Member
wow your still struggling with this.Maybe try some penetrating lube and zap it with an impact gun.Not the greatest thing to use but as a last option it might work.If not send it back to KB bro.

Last edited:

homer302

Banned
Ive never had a KB and never removed a bolt from a blower but this isn't a righty-tighty lefty-loosey kind of issue is it?
I thought the Eaten bolt had left hand threads, No?

IDK.

:shrug:

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Are you using the KB tool to hold the pulley while you are trying to loosen the bolt?

BTW, it has standard right hand threads. So you would be turning the bolt counter clockwise to losen the bolt.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
I thought the Eaten bolt had left hand threads, No?

IDK.

:shrug:

Eaton pulley is just pressed on, no bolt to hold it.

BOT, keep the belt on it (to keep it from turning). Use a spanner wrench (has 2 pins that go in the holes next to the bolt) to hold it. Find a torx bit that is just barely too large to fit the stripped hole, tap it in the hole with a hammer. Then zap it out with an impact.

Good luck.

Lockdown03cobra

Lockdown Racing Club
Established Member
I have a KB2.8H and am unable to remove the bolt that holds the pulley on.

It s now beginning to strip out.

Can someone take a picture of this bolt for me? I am about to attempt to drill it out and would like to see what i am going to be dealing with.

if that fails i will be sending to KB for drive rebuild :fm:
So I see did you send it to kb to fix it ? Or you open the blower by yourself?I think you did it yourself and did something wrong that is why this blower that you sold me has problems loosing oil

nothing

nothing
Established Member
So I see did you send it to kb to fix it ? Or you open the blower by yourself?I think you did it yourself and did something wrong that is why this blower that you sold me has problems loosing oil

great assumption but did you bother looking at the date? this post is 11 months old. the blower you bought was removed from the car 3 weeks ago. i think i would have noticed that it was loosing oil and making strange noises.

as a matter of fact this thing was so quiet i actually missed the squeal of the eaton.

Lockdown03cobra

Lockdown Racing Club
Established Member
Smart ass you did not answer the question !! The point is you only put 800 miles ob the blower right? So the date does not matter or you lying about the blower miles and I think you lied about lot stuff ,the kb does not loose oil overnight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread