Kenne Bell says it is an Eaton

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
WOW.

"Finally, those whoe claim that the new 06 Ford Cobra, 06 Ford GT500 or Lightning will use the Lysholm Twin Screw are again dead wrong. The 06 Ford GT500 will utilize a new larger displacement Eaton 120 (2 liter) to handle the 450HP, instead of the 2.3 Lysholm. Reason: Ford chose to keep the Mustang's power level below the Ford GT and felt the HP was adequate, so the more efficient Twin Screw was not necessary..."

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
Who gives a flyin **** what Kenne Bell says...I wouldnt own a KB POS Blower if you gave it to me and paid for install, tuning and all supporting mods... Customer Service can make or break a business...and everything i see when something is wrong with a KB blower says the customer service sucks about 80% of the time.

Stock non-ported eaton here...probably gonna stay that way for a long time too.

***FLAME SUIT ON*** :bored:

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
I forgot to mention earlier, KB is run out of a garage...i believe it is Jim Belle's garage. :nonono:

that is all.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
carstocks said:
I have trouble believing an article that can't even get the year of the car correct ("06")

Yeah and they don't even seem to know that the Cobra and the GT500 are one car.

Dig-It

New SVT Poster from 2005
Established Member
Just got off the phone with SVT - I was told they (SVT) haven't decided yet.

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Why does everyone hate KB? I thought they were the shiot of the Cobra community.

I don't own a KB, but from the complaints I've heard about leaky blowers and horrid customer service, I don't ever plan to either.

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Guys, check the date on the KB publication. It's from _January_, and the GT500 was unveiled in March. At the time the KB rag came out, Ford was still undecided as to the engine combination to be used on the GT500 (according to all the other threads in this forum). Just had to delurk to point that out...

Dig-It

New SVT Poster from 2005
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I don't own a KB, but from the complaints I've heard about leaky blowers and horrid customer service, I don't ever plan to either.

I installed mine in September '03. I had a small problem with an accessory that I added a few months later. KB took care of it quickly and I've never had any other problem with their stuff.

I have nothing but great things to say about their customer service or their products.

I won't take what they say about the new Shelby as gospel.

SGL

Banned
Fourcam330 said:

Yep, customer service is not great, nor bad. Very average, with a little arrogance thrown in there for good measure. In all fairness to KB, they sell a very complicated product that has a several potential failure modes. Plus people have a tendancy to push the product beyond it's limit. Combine that with a customer with average mechanical skills, who thinks he knows blowers and tuning and you have a recipe for unhappiness. I've had my run-ins with KB and in the end they were always willing to help. The only problem is that being 3000 miles away makes the help kind of complicated to obtain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange Poison

Established Member
I bet it will be an Eaton...just for the fact that they haven't decided yet.

By that token they're probably exploring the possibility of using the Eaton instead. Just my hunch.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
I bet it will be an Eaton...just for the fact that they haven't decided yet.

By that token they're probably exploring the possibility of using the Eaton instead. Just my hunch.

I don't care what brand it is, as long as it's a 2.2-2.3L twin screw.

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
Unless the SVT rep. was lying I stand by my story about the whipple! I don't know the persons name but when I asked the question I was directed to this person. He was very candid and low key when I talked to him. I said that I heard that the supercharger was not decided then I asked if the version on the car was a whipple and he said yes. Then I asked what will make it to production and he said the one that's on the car. Take it for what it's worth. I believed him. Kenne Bell is mad because Ford Racing offers the whipple and not their supercharger. lol

rezcobra

Established Member
tmhutch said:
WOW.

"Finally, those whoe claim that the new 06 Ford Cobra, 06 Ford GT500 or Lightning will use the Lysholm Twin Screw are again dead wrong. The 06 Ford GT500 will utilize a new larger displacement Eaton 120 (2 liter) to handle the 450HP, instead of the 2.3 Lysholm. Reason: Ford chose to keep the Mustang's power level below the Ford GT and felt the HP was adequate, so the more efficient Twin Screw was not necessary..."

An Eaton is a Lysholm. A Whipple is a Lysholm. Eaton takes care of the OEM and Whipple handles the aftermarket all by agreement. Kenne-Bell is an Autorotor. Both Lysholm and Autorotor are subsidiaries of the Opcon Group based in Sweden. Only Autorotor and Lysholm manufacter blowers and Eaton, Whipple and Kenne-bell simply produce the accessories to those blower casings top adapt to American vehicles. Soo if the new Shelby has an Eaton on it, its a Lysholm, but it won't be labeled a Whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread