Kenne Bell upgrade!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
grendel said:
why not port the eaton the put on a 150 shot?

If you want to spray that is fine. I just like having the power there all of the time without having to get a recharge every now and then. The way I look at it if I was going to spray I would build a big NA 5.4 liter and then spray on top of it.

-Jeff

Mr. Couper

Established Member
go straight to the twin screw. i was thinking about going ported, but knew i really wanted the whipple. so i built around it and finally got it.

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
sorry twin screw guys KB is out of the price range with all supporting mods im just going to stage 4 port for now. What are the absoutely nescessary mods i need to go along with this.

right now i have tune, cai, 6 lb lower, o/r x and catback both bassani, m/t et streets, steeda tri ax.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
MAF.ia and a simple retune with that - and a Boost-A-Pump is highly reccomended.

A 3.1" upper would be ideal for the Stage 4, would make ~15.5 psi boost, and have good belt wrap.

You'll need a larger alternator pulley though with that combo, because of the 6lb lower - to prevent overspinning the stock one. A Metco 3.5" alternator pulley should work fine.

An 80.5" belt should fit nicely with the 3.1/6lb/3.5" alternator pulley combo.

Last edited:

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
mustangsvtblack said:
thanks for the input thats kinda what i was thinkin

Couple of suggestions:

1. It will cost $10,000 - $11,000 to really do it right with a new generation blower, fuel, MAF etc upgrades.

2. Only do the ported Eaton if it will take you over a year to do it right. Good news is that upgraded injectors, fuel rails, upgraded pumps etc, 8an fuel lines etc can be done piece by piece if you want to get ready for a big blower.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
mustangsvtblack said:
sorry twin screw guys KB is out of the price range with all supporting mods im just going to stage 4 port for now. What are the absoutely nescessary mods i need to go along with this.

right now i have tune, cai, 6 lb lower, o/r x and catback both bassani, m/t et streets, steeda tri ax.

Definitely consider cooling mods... A bigger heat exchanger & maybe a bigger radiator. Check into the AFCO Pro Series Double Pass for the heat exchanger & Fluidyne for the radiator. Maybe even check out the Canton Expansion Fill Tank & some Water Wetter. Cooling is key!

Users who are viewing this thread