KenneBell Mach1 MPGS issue? help anyone?

SamuelMach1

Established Member
:shrug: Hey guys I have an 04 mach1 with a 1.7 kb supercharger with 4.10 gears. the car makes 458whp and 540 crank hp I haven't had the car very long and i noticed that is goes through gas like nothing else ive ever seen. I did a calculation and my car had 13,081.1 miles on a full tank. At half a tank i had 13,154.3 and the fuel capacity is 15.7 gal so what i thought was on 7.8 gallons i can get 73 miles which adds up to 9.3 mpg. I baby my car very much its stick and I shift at about 2500 and cruise at 2k i have a lot of hills where im at so i put the car in neutral and coast down hills usually. I'm not a led foot driver by any means. Could there be something wrong with my tune? what should I do? thx

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
If you can find out what your fuel pump duty cycle % is, also need to know more about your fuel system. What pumps, BAP?, Injectors, ect.

The gears aren't helping with that mpg either, and frankly I don't know why you have that high of a gear with that much power. I would recommend a 3:73 gear or even the stock 3:55s. That will help as well.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Is this highway? Id say fill the tank and get on the highway and drive until you get to half tank, get off and fill the tank and see what the mpgs are then. If youre trying to calculate this in traffic it will come out lower than expected.

Users who are viewing this thread