Kenny Brown 289RS 98 Cobra

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
but when you think about the 17k in extras that's a built motor, suspension, brakes, wheels, interior everything.. That's actually not a bad price..

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Awesome car! I have an old MM&FF Magazine from 97 that featured a Kenny Brown Cobra...it was called the C-4 package...just a bunch of suspension upgrades, stock motor....

I like those Forgeline wheels....

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
968182[/ATTACH]"]http://
021_4.jpg

Anyone notice that in the video, the test car has fog lights and the one in this pic doesnt?

I wanna know more about the plastic piece under the bumper. It looks like there are cooling ducts in the fog lights?

Anyone have more info or pics?

Attachments

• 021_4.jpg
    021_4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 67

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
Anyone notice that in the video, the test car has fog lights and the one in this pic doesnt?

I wanna know more about the plastic piece under the bumper. It looks like there are cooling ducts in the fog lights?

Anyone have more info or pics?

There was cooling ducts on the 289rs(red rocket they called it) as for that plastic piece it is a carbon fiber splitter

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
Awesome car! I have an old MM&FF Magazine from 97 that featured a Kenny Brown Cobra...it was called the C-4 package...just a bunch of suspension upgrades, stock motor....

I like those Forgeline wheels....

They also did a C4-S. At they time I had my suspension done those wheels was around the 2k. They are very light.

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
Sweet, i def need to find some pics of the setup!

thats the best ones i have. i dont know how far it went undre the bumper cover though. if you could some how find the ower of that car via the net that would help out on getting more pics of it. It was sold on ebay i believe.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
The one in the video might have been a 97 the plaque on the center stack read 97-023C and the clock on the dash screams 97. That thing really make me want to go wingless, if only I could find a chrome yellow V-6 wingless trunk lid in a junkyard lol.

Cobra Jet R

Established Member
I have the August 1998 Car & Driver Mag that had a 0-150-0 shoot out and featured a bunch of tuner exotics including the Kenny Brown 289RS, Saleen S351 & Steeda Q. Of the Mustangs It was second in breaking, best daily driver, ran the 1/4 mile in 13.1 sec @ 112mph. In the article it mentions that it has 275/40/17s up front & 285/40/17s in rear.

Wow what a sick interior. I want a KB cage soooo bad, and the carbon fiber gauge surround and door pulls are sick too. I hope Kenny makes a speedy and full recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread