Kenny Brown spring install HELP!

Ad Wizard

Love+Peace+BikeGrease
Established Member
Okay, tell me what i did wrong. Ordered a set of KB sport springs (1.5 inch drop all the way around) and they show up no problem. Today, I start on the backs first - go get a coil spring compressor, fire up the air compressor, and I'm ready to go.

I take out the factory rear spring and notice that it's almost the exact same size as the KB spring! I'm looking at a writeup someone else did, and the pictures they took show the new KB spring to be about 1.5 inches shorter than stock. Hmmm - so I install the new spring. Guess what? NO drop what so ever! (I even measured to be sure). I try this three different times, making sure the spring is sitting correctly and everything. Still no drop. WTF! :mj:

My question is - are lowering springs supposed to be shorter? Did I get the wrong spring? Anyone have experience with these springs? HELP!!!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If they looked like this write up kb springs then I would say you have the wrong springs. Every lowering spring I have seen has been shorter indeed.

Silver03

Established Member
Not sure about the KB springs, but I just installed a set of HR SS yesterday and they were the same the length as the stock springs, but I got a 1.25 inch drop from them...double check you got the right part number, I bet they will be fine.

Ad Wizard

Love+Peace+BikeGrease
Established Member
03yllwguy said:
If they looked like this write up kb springs then I would say you have the wrong springs. Every lowering spring I have seen has been shorter indeed.

I used that exact write up to do my install! Definately not the same spring - those are significantly shorter than the ones I was sent. I hesitate to flame the vendor, since accidents happen, but dang I'm ticked!

Thanks for the feedback...

Users who are viewing this thread