Kenny Brown springs

Digger

Established Member
I have Kenny Brown lowering springs and wondering what would be the widest rims & tires I could fit on the rear? I'm concerned that the car is to low to put 10.5" or 11" rims and having the tires hit the fender. Does any one have 10.5" or 11" on there Kenny Brown lowered 01 cobra and any pics?

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
No help here but..........

I was wondering how you like your KB springs? I have a set for the '01 'vert on order & can't wait for them to arrive.

You like them? Good drop? The other owners with them seemed to be happy.

mnypit

Established Member
I just installed 10.5 rears with 295/35-18 on today. No clearance issues. Yes, I do have Kenny Brown CSR springs. Looks real good IMO, but I am biased:D

Steve

Digger

Established Member
WHITESNAKE2001, the springs are a little too low for me, thy look much better than most lowering springs but I find always having to watch where you are going and what you are driving over. my friend went with the eibach's and he scrapes much less than I do when we go out cruising together.

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by Digger
MNYPIT, did you change the irs bolt to a button head and if so where did you get these, and how big is the spacer you used if any? thanks

No, I did not have to change the IRS bolt. The wheel spacers came off when the new 10.5 wheels went on. Thanks for reminding me to change my sig. No more wheel spacers with the new wheels. I did have 25mm spacers with my old wheels.

Steve

Digger

Established Member
Originally posted by mnypit
No, I did not have to change the IRS bolt. The wheel spacers came off when the new 10.5 wheels went on. Thanks for reminding me to change my sig. No more wheel spacers with the new wheels. I did have 25mm spacers with my old wheels.

Steve

Steve, everyone is talking about the irs bolt which protrudes into the wheel well have you checked for clearence? do you have any pics? thanks Derek

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by Digger
Steve, everyone is talking about the irs bolt which protrudes into the wheel well have you checked for clearence? do you have any pics? thanks Derek

We checked at the tire shop (I had new tires mounted on the new wheels today). Close but not touching. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. Car is tucked in for the night.

Steve

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by raider187
Steve, what rims did you buy?

SSR GT3. 9's in the front and 10.5' in the rear.

I'll have pics up this weekend if anyone is interested.

Toodles!

Steve

Digger

Established Member
Originally posted by mnypit
SSR GT3. 9's in the front and 10.5' in the rear.

I'll have pics up this weekend if anyone is interested.

Toodles!

Steve
Steve can you take a pic. of the clearence on the inside of the rim when you take your pics just want an idea of space from the irs bolt head thanks Derek:beer:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Sure... Post the pics I'm interested. They probably set you back around 3k huh?

On another note, do you still have pics of your power pipe? I was thinking about having one fabbed for me by Watson Engineering, would like to check out some pics again. Spring is near :D

Thanks,

Rick

mnypit

Established Member
Digger: Will do. I'll take a measurement as well and let you know the actual clearance.

raider187: Ya, real cheapies. I really need to find a different hobby. I am so done pouring money into my car.................................for this month:rollseyes ! I'll get some pics this weekend.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread